v Burton Albion (A) Match Thread

Kernow

Well done, Derby players, especially Bird and Collins who really stood out today. I thought that Bird should have been taken off but so brave of him to stay on when he must have been in a fair amount of pain.

Fair play to Burton, too. (My birthplace and home for 18 years). I thought they played really well but heads went down at the end. It was a good day for us Rams fans!

I described he first 20 minutes of the second half as green shoots of potential from the Bird - Collo - NML partnership, to a mate. I'd say by the end of the half it was a masterclass. Pretty much all providing for each other at some point, if we were a little more clinical it could easily have been 4 or 5. 

There will be debates on Bird's best position still but that is exactly what I think we've lacked from him previously - leaving his mark on the game. It doesn't have to be a stat or goal but having him in the thick of the play is going to benefit him and us IMO. 

21 minutes ago, LincsRam said:

Been a good day.... at present we are winning 3-0 .... Wycombe & Middlesbourgh 0-3 😄 oh and Forest lost... if Carlsberg made results ...

Don't forget the Premier League.........Luton and Sheffield United both losing and hopefully they will get less than 11 points and the Owls losing.....mainly Blades and Owls at work.....perfect set of results.

10 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Because I only turn up during defeat? Not been on here all afternoon? Not at all happy that we’ve won?

I’m negative when we lose, positive when we win. It’s hardly rocket science. Some people seem incapable of seeing criticism when it’s warranted.

That wasn't aimed entirely at you. More a general point at your "I care more because I'm totally negative about things, even during games when we are winning."

It's ironic isn't it that when we are beaten by a team that just come down from the Championship that this little piece of information gets conveniently excluded by some posters....but when we beat a team whom allegedly are relegation favourites then gets brought up at a much higher interval.....

I'm just happy for Warne and his team we won today

8 minutes ago, TheTinMan said:

2nd half was actually pretty good at both ends. One caveat is Burton look like they'll be down in the relegation scrap this season, very limited side 

Should we be worried based on your assessment of them that they were the stronger side in the first half? 😂

21 minutes ago, Will Hughes Hair said:

I’ve been breaking in some new brogues all day today. Definitely worn in now.

I had a great pair of brogues way back when……

I didn’t know it was possible to wear holes in leather soles but they were worn out in three months at most.

Usually my shoes are Warne in for a while and last at least four years.

Warne in for four year contract!