Is Warne living on borrowed time?

1 hour ago, Andicis said:

The penalties are subjective, I thought one was but we've had a couple this season I felt we might have gotten too. 

By all means slate the performance, but had Washington stuck that chance away I think the outlook would be very different.

What's happened to objecting to 'ifs' 

If you can't see we've been poor this season and we're again last night, I don't know what else to say to you.

1 hour ago, BaaLocks said:

I held back on this topic until last night as it's the easiest game in the world to just jump on the back of the manager - particularly with the expectations we had this season. But he's got it wrong bit time, last night we weren't just bad, we weren't just unlucky, we were awful.

Third game this season, out of four played, we've gifted a goal. But for a manager who is so insistent on playing one particular system to then recruit a group of players that not only can't play it but don't have the game style to play it is really, really weird. His only chance now it to dump his system and play to the strength of the players he recruited and he needs to do that very quickly. Otherwise this will become an irretrievable problem for him, and for us.

Final point, Oxford had three, maybe four players, who were exactly the sort of players we were looking for in the summer. I'm not saying they were all available, I'm not saying we could have afforded them, but it does show talent in exactly the areas we need it is available if you know where you are looking.

I believe we we’re looking at Mark Harris

35 minutes ago, Kokosnuss said:

He wowed people with his work at Rotherham, getting them promoted 3 times was like some sort of magic trick,

If one was feeling particularly vindictive, one might point out that a good manager would have only got them promoted once and wouldn't have needed attempts 2 and 3...

We thought we had the League 1 Guardiola 

Turns out we got Phil Brown in disguise 

Bradley and Nelson at the back

He’s going to get the sack

Paul Warne’s brand of football hurts my eyes

I have been singing that this morning. Unfortunately gallows humour has not lifted my spirit.

I have of late, but wherefore I know not, lost all my mirth.

1 hour ago, Curtains said:

What’s going on .

Wasn't there a poll about Warne or Rosenior which Warne won .

I backed Rosenior and was told I must back Warne .

I always back the in place Derby Managers .

David Clowes will have to sort it out as it seems the fan base have turned. 

Re: the Rosenior v Warne poll.  Based on the recent evidence we’ve - entirely understandably - changed our minds.  It’s not just how much Warne has under-achieved - look at how Rosenior is doing.

I back whichever manager we have - but the evidence is - he’s failing.  I hope future evidence shows he succeeds.

2 hours ago, Andicis said:

The penalties are subjective, I thought one was but we've had a couple this season I felt we might have gotten too. 

By all means slate the performance, but had Washington stuck that chance away I think the outlook would be very different.

It wouldn’t, I don’t think. People are starting to see through the papered cracks. An equaliser last night would have been celebrated but today people would have still seen the same performance. 

14 minutes ago, Bessie1 said:

Re: the Rosenior v Warne poll.  Based on the recent evidence we’ve - entirely understandably - changed our minds.  It’s not just how much Warne has under-achieved - look at how Rosenior is doing.

I back whichever manager we have - but the evidence is - he’s failing.  I hope future evidence shows he succeeds.

It's impossible to compare how Warne is doing to how Rosenior is performing. Different players and different opponents. Same as many are certain it was a mistake to replace LR. We simply don't know how last season would have panned out let alone this one if LR had been kept on. 

2 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

It's impossible to compare how Warne is doing to how Rosenior is performing. Different players and different opponents. Same as many are certain it was a mistake to replace LR. We simply don't know how last season would have panned out let alone this one if LR had been kept on. 

We do the emphasis would have been different on players signed as the style of football would have been different.

I’m not suggesting we should have kept LR, tbh I have no idea whether things would have turned out any better. However, we were never going down, so worst case scenario we’d still have been in League One. That being the case we only have to ponder whether we’d be in a better or worse position than we’re currently in. Hard to imagine it could be much worse, so…

4 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

I think if you compare Rosenior (at the point we sacked him) with Warne right now, the big difference for me is that with Rosenior it was obvious what needed to happen to improve things.  We needed to be a bit fitter, move the ball around a bit quicker, show for the ball a bit more in forward areas, be a bit more clinical in the final third etc.  It was all stuff that you could see a clear path to fixing, and some of it (like fitness) would have improved naturally anyway.  It was very much a team that hadn't quite clicked yet, and needed a bit of time, but it wasn't that far off.

With this Warne team right now, there is no obvious solution.  The issues are serious and plentiful - we've seem almost entirely dysfunctional in the last 2 home games.  That's not something that's going to improve by doing what we're doing 10% better.  The whole system needs ripping up and starting again.

8 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

I think if you compare Rosenior (at the point we sacked him) with Warne right now, the big difference for me is that with Rosenior it was obvious what needed to happen to improve things.  We needed to be a bit fitter, move the ball around a bit quicker, show for the ball a bit more in forward areas, be a bit more clinical in the final third etc.  It was all stuff that you could see a clear path to fixing, and some of it (like fitness) would have improved naturally anyway.  It was very much a team that hadn't quite clicked yet, and needed a bit of time, but it wasn't that far off.

With this Warne team right now, there is no obvious solution.  The issues are serious and plentiful - we've seem almost entirely dysfunctional in the last 2 home games.  That's not something that's going to improve by doing what we're doing 10% better.  The whole system needs ripping up and starting again.

With Rosenior you could only really see that we were going to get better. Tricky style to learn, funky full back positions, more suitable centre backs etc etc etc

With Warne it just seems like we’re getting worse

2 minutes ago, S8TY said:

Watching the England Aussie Womens semi final

The ladies trying to play football on the grass and passing and moving sometimes in tight areas

This is the modern way and more pleasing way to play football

Derby currently play an archaic anti football and that needs to change but will it ? 

England are playing 3 at the back though. It's weird to see it played correctly.

5 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

i really liked Ben House at Lincoln for this system.  I Can't honestly say if were allowed to pay fess or not choosing too.  If we could, he would have been perfect as he really stretches play in the attacking areas and he only had a year on his contract but has recently signed a 12 month extension. 

Footballs simple.  Retain the ball, pick up your runner and put players in a position their best at playing.  You'll win more than you lose

1 hour ago, Chilwellram said:

I believe we we’re looking at Mark Harris

And, had we signed him, a number on here would have said (and already had said) things like "Who is he?" "It's a no from me" "Awful stats" etc.

And, more worryingly, he might possibly have fared much worse in our team than he has so far in Oxford's (and possibly been written off on that basis too).

1 minute ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Footballs simple.  Retain the ball, pick up your runner and put players in a position their best at playing.  You'll win more than you lose

That's the worst thing about Warne for me.  He just doesn't seem to care about that *at all*. 

My own (slightly wordier) take on the "football's simple" thing would be, figure out what your players are good at, figure out what they're bad at, then get the best XI you can on the field, maximising players doing what they're god at, minimising players doing what they're bad at.  I don't think Warne even knows (or cares) what his players are good and bad at.

Hes on borrowed time and Clowes has a decision to make and whichever it is , its gonna cost him a shed load of money.

Keep warne on and crowds will drop, 4/5k drop at £20 ahead is nearly 100k a game.

Sack him, then you need to pay him and his assistant's their contracts.

Big decision, but personally I'd get rid. It looks like he's lost the dressing room, the fan base are turning on him at a rapid rate. 

Even more so is that with each game our assets who will command a fee ( Bird/Cashin) look lost in this anti football warne has adopted and there price is dropping.

We need a club that has youngsters coming through and we still have rooney,Thomson,sibley along with bird and cashin who I would want to build a team around but it requires a manager who understands technical abilities and Warne is one who doesn't.