v Blackpool (H) Match Thread

Ambitious

5 minutes ago, Barney1991 said:

Your interpretation of good players doesn’t make a great team always. This team is full of good individuals but is not a good team

Indeed, but that is down to the manager. We've all picked a team - mostly based around the fact Warne must play a 3! - but if we picked a team based on players playing well together it would be different.

12 minutes ago, Yoxoram said:

But you must be used to it. We've been consistently boring for several years under the management of Clement, Cocu, Rooney and Rosenior.

We really have had our balloon popped so many times in recent seasons haven't we , never really recovered from the QPR Wembley disaster,  one kick in the nuts after another and so it continues. 

On 04/08/2023 at 23:03, NottsRam77 said:

On 05/08/2023 at 12:31, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Write it off, go again.

The problem that seems to have developed is that we don't have any penetration going forward, we don't have the mobility in midfield to close down and the defence look unbalanced and are throwing goals in our own net. An unholy combination.

Of a very few players on the books who can go past a player, create and damage opposition are NML, Barkhuisen and Sibley...albeit two of them not fit, but none of whom fit in the 532. Surely 4 at the back to get another body further forward?

Just now, Steve Buckley’s Dog said:

I know lots of us are taking this hard but just imagine how hard it is for the players right now, as Warne gets his guitar out and sings about how their families still love them on the free love highway. 

Will the players have to get an instrument of choice from a box in the corner to join in.  I hope there are lots of Triangles and Tambourines.  They may struggle to get a tune out of anything else. Whoever gets left with the recorder will have a tantrum.

9 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Let's analyse the situation here a little.

• We are a cash-strapped club which narrowly avoided extinction last season.
  • We are still under severe financial restrictions imposed by the EFL - we have to adhere to a business plan agreed with them.
  • We have a manager who has been here less than one year of a four year contract.
  • In order to relieve him of his duties, a large percentage of his contract will need to be bought out - using money we don't have.
  • In order to bring in the 'right' manager, it is likely that we would have to pay compensation to another club - the alternative being that we employ someone who is currently out of work.
  • In order to strengthen the team, we need to either bring in loans (and very few players are being loaned out by Championship or Premier League clubs at the moment - it's usually a 'last minute' thing) or free agents who are, by definition, players who have been discarded by others because we are unable to pay a substantial fee.

Oh, now I'm depressed.

All true Eddie

What can be left at PWs door

A formation that may be alien to some players, We were caught a few times against Wigan with a high press, 2 mistakes(not down to PW)Bradley put in an awkward position for the 1st and our usual assured keeper flaps at a cross for the 2nd.

Tonight Elder puts in a header for their 2nd.

We moved from a 3 to a back 4 line and looked assured last season, This is now PWs team, He's chosen them as they have good characters, I'm a PW fan so he'll have my backing as I've seen some shyte managers over 5 decades of watching DCFC, He's got to be given time enough to get this squad firing together...if he can't then fans will be angry and last years near liquidation will be a distant memory. 

42 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

135 minutes of football together 

not really a lot is it 

I’m not saying we should get rid but ffs 135 minutes ignores the fact that he’s had nearly 50 matches in charge and started only 3 new signings on Saturday. 

Disagree with other people who want him gone (I’m not there yet). Stick up for him by all means but don’t come back at me with absolute nonsense cherry picked stats that ignore the fact he had most of last season too 👍🏻 

1 minute ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Two bloody games in, not-great-not-terrible on saturday and stinking tonight.

Sample size is too small to be drawing anything from.

The main issues for me are 3 fold. Warne talks a good game about pressing and alike, but then you look in the team and they’re general older 1 dimensional players who don’t have the pace or stamina to carry it out. Couple that with who we are getting linked with and there just appears to be a huge disconnect there somehow. 

Finally, you can’t make the basic basic errors we have done in the last 2 games defensively at any level. There’s zero excuse. Formations, style of play… doesn’t matter. They’re basic individual errors. 

2 minutes ago, YouRams said:

We looked good pre season until those two sloppy United goals. Is it a confidence thing? Couple of wins and clean sheets will make all the difference. Need some exciting loan players in quick though.

We did well against Stoke.

The game v Chesterfield was embarrassing 

1 minute ago, strawhillram said:

Just out…. 2nd episode of the new season of Bad Day at the Office.

In this episode Brent Warne is not worried about success at this stage. There’s more episodes to come for that he thinks

Seriously give over now, it wasn't ever funny in the first place and now it's just plain boring. 

9 minutes ago, Needlesh said:

Write it off, go again.

The problem that seems to have developed is that we don't have any penetration going forward, we don't have the mobility in midfield to close down and the defence look unbalanced and are throwing goals in our own net. An unholy combination.

Of a very few players on the books who can go past a player, create and damage opposition are NML, Barkhuisen and Sibley...albeit two of them not fit, but none of whom fit in the 532. Surely 4 at the back to get another body further forward?

Perfect post

13 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

You've missed the boat mate.

Just look back over the previous ten or so pages and there's enough drivel to fill the Atlantic Ocean. 

Just let us know when it’s acceptable to be a bit worried about a bloke who’s had 50 matches with us which includes almost relegation form to drop out of the play offs whilst being cemented in them - a full pre season with some key signings included and still looking very bad in quite significant spells over these two matches. 

Christ I don’t think we should be getting rid of him but some of the head in the sand/thou shalt never criticise stuff is as bad as the ‘he can’t convince anyone to sign for us’ rubbish.