Max Bird

FlyBritishMidland

7 minutes ago, Big Trav said:

If we can get 2-3 million for Bird I'd go all out for tom Davies who still hasn't got a club. Paul Warne do your thing

The Tom Davies who played 150+ times in the premier league for Everton is just going to drop 2 leagues and take a league one pittance per week?

Do people even think before they say these things?!

Just now, Srg said:

The Tom Davies who played 150+ times in the premier league for Everton is just going to drop 2 leagues and take a league one pittance per week?

Do people even think before they say these things?!

He is training with Bristol Rovers to be fair, but suspect he'll be in the Championship rather than League One next season. 

Sad situation but while we're in league one, clubs like Hull and Bristol are big fish compared to us. Warne has to give Bird an ultimatum to sign a new deal or cash in. The worry is if he isn't able to spend the proceeds, we're in real trouble

Just now, CBRammette said:

Not really - not being able to offer longer deals to our youngsters and them being systematically taken has been the biggest punishment from Mel's actions. Ironic given his wishes for the academy.  

That's the root cause, but the post suggested that the current ownership may be asset stripping which is a massive leap and I suspect totally unfounded.

31 minutes ago, bucktwo said:

I've been wondering about Max . His body language hasn't looked the best on recent videos and I'm not convinced he is a number 10 . 

Centre mid he has massive potential.   This is an interesting development . 

The Max Bird who has been Man of the Match in nearly every pre-season game?

This would be very disappointing and our last hope of actually seeing some finesse this season gone.  

Edited by sage

Ultimately he only has 1 year left on his deal so we're in the same boat as we were with Knight. IF he isn't going to sign a new deal then it all comes down to what Clowes & Warne think he is worth to us on the pitch for the season, if Hull match or better that value then he will be sold.

There is no doubt that he will be replaced as Warne has already said we're light in there as it is so if Bird was to go I think Warne would be able to use any initial fee plus wages to recruit replacements. We would need a CDM as well as 2x 10.

If Bird going gives us more budget to bring in options for LWB, CDM, 2x CAM & 2x FWDS then so be it, he has looked decent in the 10 during preseason but I think all fans probably agree that he didn't do as well as we thought/hoped he would last season at a lower level.

Edited by DCFC1388

1 minute ago, DCFC1388 said:

Ultimately he only has 1 year left on his deal so we're in the same boat as we were with Knight. IF he isn't going to renew a deal then it all comes down to what Clowes & Warne think he is worth to us on the pitch for the season, if Hull match or better that value then he will be sold.

There is no doubt that he will be replaced as Warne has already said we're light in there as it is so if Bird was to go I think Warne would be able to use any initial fee plus wages to recruit replacements. We would need a CDM as well as 2x 10.

If Bird going gives us more budget to bring in options for LWB, CDM, 2x CAM & 2x FWDS then so be it, he has looked decent in the 10 during preseason but I think all fans probably agree that he didn't do as well as we thought/hoped he would last season at a lower level.

I presume next summer we wouldn't get a compensation fee 

3 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

That's the root cause, but the post suggested that the current ownership may be asset stripping which is a massive leap and I suspect totally unfounded.

I didnt read it that way at all especially bearing in mind who the current owner is. I read it that other clubs are asset stripping like in admin 

If he was to go, I’d be asking Hull for Ryan Woods and Ryan Longman who are both expected to leave Hull this year.

Longman can player left or right wing only 22 and a few years ago scored 8 goals for a poor Wimbledon side in league one.

Hull fans saying Woods has looked sharp this pre-season and I’d say he’s still good enough for lower end championship football. He’d also help our midfield options no end.

Edited by Eoghan1884

Decent enough player, but with 1 year on his contract if someone offers 2/3 million I don’t think we can turn it down. 

We’d need 2 bodies in midfield if he was to go  

Or come out and make a statement and have him signing a new contract. And get 1 extra body 

It will be interesting to see what Warne says tonight, obviously the report could be baseless but sounds like Bird has been Rosenior's number one target all summer and Bird wants to join Hull. I'm fairly sure we will get an update one way or another tonight. Either way, if we can keep him for the game this weekend before selling him that would be most ideal for me.

If it does go through beforehand then as daft as it sounds but we probably should get Bradley Johnson registered for the game. We might need him to play in the 10 role, if only for 30 minutes. I would assume Robinson would probably have to come into CM alongside Smith, with Hourihane in the 10? Radcliffe and Johnson could make up the options on the bench. 

Far, far from ideal.