Max Bird

FlyBritishMidland

2 minutes ago, FlyBritishMidland said:

Linked with Hull apparently.  No mention of a fee.  Be disappointing if he goes and would leave us light in midfield.  We’d need a replacement asap.

https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/hull-city-transfer-bid-derby-8644343

Yikes.

I really hope this isn't true. But as statements go, this sounds quite authentic:

"Hull City are in talks with League One outfit Derby County over a deal to sign highly-rated midfielder Max Bird on a permanent deal, Hull Live can exclusively reveal.

The ambitious Tigers have lodged a bid with the East Midlands club and are in discussions over doing a deal to bring the 22-year-old to the MKM Stadium."

I've been wondering about Max . His body language hasn't looked the best on recent videos and I'm not convinced he is a number 10 . 

Centre mid he has massive potential.   This is an interesting development . 

Edited by bucktwo

Would have to bring someone in before he left in my opinion.

We are already short in midfield so selling him with no replacement would be daft.

Not sure if we got a relatively decent fee for him (£2 million) that this would allow Warne to spend maybe half of it.

If we replaced him with a midfielder who chips in with more goals then I'm ok with it.

He's only got a year left. So he either stays and signs a new deal or moves on.

If we are hell bent on not spending fees to replace outgoing players then it would worry me to lose Bird - no doubt the money would be good and he isn't irreplaceable but could definitely see us selling Bird for £2.5-3m and signing Matty Longstaff on a free as his replacement. 

1 minute ago, Ambitious said:

If we are hell bent on not spending fees to replace outgoing players then it would worry me to lose Bird - no doubt the money would be good and he isn't irreplaceable but could definitely see us selling Bird for £2.5-3m and signing Matty Longstaff on a free as his replacement. 

Hi Mrs Barlasser, it's Paul - yeah Paul Warne. Is Dan there?

dan-alan.gif

This is different to Knight in that it leaves us way too light in midfield if he goes, meaning he's worth more to us at the moment than he would be normally. 

Player might be worth £2m for example (one year left on contract I believe) but I suspect the impact his loss would have might make Clowes demand a higher fee (until we line up a replacement). 

Hull appear to be trying to offload Ryan Woods. Wonder if some from of swap could be agreed. 

6 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Would have to bring someone in before he left in my opinion.

We are already short in midfield so selling him with no replacement would be daft.

Not sure if we got a relatively decent fee for him (£2 million) that this would allow Warne to spend maybe half of it.

If we replaced him with a midfielder who chips in with more goals then I'm ok with it.

He's only got a year left. So he either stays and signs a new deal or moves on.

Or he doesn't sign a new deal and stays