Max Bird

FlyBritishMidland

Think bird has had long enough to kick on so wouldn’t be against this with a year left for a decent fee usually.

however any money got from sales doesn’t seem to be helping strengthen the squad currently. Think we need a midfielder without bird leaving, would be two if he goes. 

with timing of this I do think would be a pretty big setback. 

2 minutes ago, Rich3478 said:

Think bird has had long enough to kick on so wouldn’t be against this with a year left for a decent fee usually.

however any money got from sales doesn’t seem to be helping strengthen the squad currently. Think we need a midfielder without bird leaving, would be two if he goes. 

with timing of this I do think would be a pretty big setback. 

Agree with you here mate. I'm hoping that if we did get a good fee then maybe this would allow Warne a little bit of money to spend.

1 minute ago, Topram said:

Can’t see Hull stumping up 3 million like people are suggesting we’d be happy to take that

They spent £3m+ on three players last season, so definitely not a concern for them. The new owners there are happy to put their hand in their pocket and they've generated cash from Lewis-Potter - Bird was a favourite of Rosenior and Rooney, so no surprise they're in for him. I think they'll do whatever it takes to get him. 

Personally, I hope I'm wrong, but the writing is already on the wall - it's just how we best manage it. 

11 minutes ago, Eoghan1884 said:

If he was to go, I’d be asking Hull for Ryan Woods and Ryan Longman who are both expected to leave Hull this year.

Longman can player left or right wing only 22 and a few years ago scored 8 goals for a poor Wimbledon side in league one.

Hull fans saying Woods has looked sharp this pre-season and I’d say he’s still good enough for lower end championship football. He’d also help our midfield options no end.

Longman is right footed, I imagine we are looking for left footed wingers/wing backs.

Can go for me. Over rated amongst a few on here without truely delivering over a sustained period. A few good passes here and there is about it really. Not good enough defensively or in an attacking sense. Need a bit a grit in this team for our midfield and he doesn't possess that. Thanks for your time and effort Birdy. 

So far we haven’t, or haven’t been able to spend fees on players. If we sell Bird then it doesn’t really make sense if we don’t use that money to strengthen. I can’t see us getting any free agents at this stage of the summer which would keep the quality of the squad the same, or improve it, if they’re replacing guaranteed starters.

If we are looking to reinvest any funds from the sale of Max Bird, then ~2mil would be a good price. We could get two or three really good players for this level, so not only could we replace Bird, but we could plug some other gaps too.

6 minutes ago, sage said:

Longman is right footed, I imagine we are looking for left footed wingers/wing backs.

Plays left wing and right wing, good enough for the top end of the league and only 22. In our current situation won’t be much better options on a permanent.

Shaping up to be a fairly bog standard Derby County transfer window for me.

Sell Max Bird, sign some dross from Tottenham on loan, loan in Macclesfields 4th choice goalkeeper, get linked with Billy Sharp all window, Paul Warne to say "we will go with what we have got" and the circle of life continues.

Roll on Saturday!

4 minutes ago, Eoghan1884 said:

Plays left wing and right wing, good enough for the top end of the league and only 22. In our current situation won’t be much better options on a permanent.

Warne wants someone to bomb down the left and whip crosses in.