v Wigan (H) Match Thread

Day

22 hours ago, Foreveram said:

The full allocation for Wigan is 2,681 and they had already sold over 2,000 when they went on general sale on the 27th of July, so I don’t imagine they will be far short of selling out.

As I said previously I think they will open up those 4 blocks anytime soon but there isn’t many spare seats in there, 2 of them being next to me.

The amount of season ticket holders on holiday is the unknown factor, but I think we can safely say it will be the highest attendance in the whole of the football league on the day.

ST's are a factor, I have 2 but will only be using one, as someone else is going to London with her mate.

The full allocation for Wigan is 2,681 and they had already sold over 2,000 when they went on general sale on the 27th of July, so I don’t imagine they will be far short of selling out.

As I said previously I think they will open up those 4 blocks anytime soon but there isn’t many spare seats in there, 2 of them being next to me.

The amount of season ticket holders on holiday is the unknown factor, but I think we can safely say it will be the highest attendance in the whole of the football league on the day.

Although their 'full' allocation is 2,681, I believe that the away end numbers just over 3,000 in total. I don't think that we can transfer those few hundred seats to Derby fans that easily. So, even if they 'sell out', there will still be around 400 empty seats in the away end.

33 minutes ago, ram59 said:

Although their 'full' allocation is 2,681, I believe that the away end numbers just over 3,000 in total. I don't think that we can transfer those few hundred seats to Derby fans that easily. So, even if they 'sell out', there will still be around 400 empty seats in the away end.

True, but our capacity is 33,597 and we know we aren’t going to get that, so the segregation areas will always be a factor.

I think with a sold out home and away end we are looking at around 32,000.

Then it depends how many are on holiday.

Warne stating he thinks Wigan have probably the best front 4 in the division & that they will have a lot of the ball Saturday with how they play. He reckons they wont park the bus & sit in or be direct.

Edited by DCFC1388

14 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Warne stating he thinks Wigan have probably the best front 4 in the division & that they will have a lot of the ball Saturday with how they play. He reckons they wont park the bus & sit in or be direct.

Getting his excuses in early for when we sit behind the ball, hit and hope and slump to a disappointing defeat.

1 hour ago, Bris Vegas said:

Getting his excuses in early for when we sit behind the ball, hit and hope and slump to a disappointing defeat.

I can lend you a balloon if yours have burst already?

Big crowd expected. Plenty of fans leaving with 10 mins to go to beat the rush. But you could miss over 20 mins of exiting football. If we are 1-0 up and 12 mins comes up on the board, there will be screams of “Where’s that come from”. Players trying to dribble round several players on the ground  (Ref says acting). Lots of exhausted players wanting to be subbed. My big tip for the season- teams to score their first goal from 80 mins to end of game 14-1 .

Elder is fit so he will play. So will Washington. I don’t think it’s 3-4-2-1 either. For me it will be

wilsdsmith

Nelson Bradley Cashin

Ward   bird smith Hourihane elder

washington collins

but central midfield looks like this

Smith

Bird                 Hourihane

I don’t think bird is playing as 10, I think he’s playing in midfield like that

17 minutes ago, Gerry Daly said:

Elder is fit so he will play. So will Washington. I don’t think it’s 3-4-2-1 either. For me it will be

wilsdsmith

Nelson Bradley Cashin

Ward   bird smith Hourihane elder

washington collins

but central midfield looks like this

Smith

Bird                 Hourihane

I don’t think bird is playing as 10, I think he’s playing in midfield like that

Now look at your bench... there are no attacking options. Warne has talked about forwards only playing 60-70 minutes in games, so I can't see us starting with our only two CFs, with both playing the full game.

Washington will start on the bench. We will line up as 3421

16 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Now look at your bench... there are no attacking options. Warne has talked about forwards only playing 60-70 minutes in games, so I can't see us starting with our only two CFs, with both playing the full game.

Washington will start on the bench. We will line up as 3421

You picking the team 👻🤣

True, but our capacity is 33,597 and we know we aren’t going to get that, so the segregation areas will always be a factor.

I think with a sold out home and away end we are looking at around 32,000.

Then it depends how many are on holiday.

That hasn’t been our capacity for a long long time. Not since the away fans were moved into the corner; necessitating two gaps between the fans instead of one. It’s nearer 32,000 now. If that. 

Edited by Rambam

1 minute ago, Rambam said:

That hasn’t been out capacity for a long long time. Not since the away fans were moved into the corner; necessitating two gaps between the fish’s instead of one. It’s nearer 32,000 now. If that. 

32,211 when it was sold out against Birmingham in 2021/22

3 minutes ago, Rambam said:

That hasn’t been our capacity for a long long time. Not since the away fans were moved into the corner; necessitating two gaps between the fans instead of one. It’s nearer 32,000 now. If that. 

That is literally what I have typed above 😂

The seats are still there so that is still the capacity, we just aren’t allowed to use them hence why I said a SOLD OUT home and away would be around 32,000.