v Wigan (H) Match Thread

Day

I love the optimism of the new season. Might @Davideven manage to start every single match thread? 

We've done well rebuilding the defence, and Fozzy will be fine starting off at left wingback.

A shame we're lacking forward power. The thing is any good loans won't come in until the very end of the transfer window, so we will have to play the entirety of August with our own players. I think that means goals will be hard to come by, especially with Sibley missing preseason injured. So missing out on this game and the next few.

I fear it means we'll be bringing Waggy back in time for this match. I'd really hoped we'd do a lot better. But instead of McGoldrick bagging so many of the goals last campaign, this time around they need to come from all over the pitch and that's not a terrible thing.

I remember one sunshiny season opener when we built Sunderland 5-0. I'd settle for the same again. COYR! 

Its Showtime Reaction GIF by hero0fwar

Can't wait. 30k in the stadium and a fresh season to look forward to. Magic.

Great opportunity, given the sorry state they're in. Feel for them, but we really need to get the season off and running with 3 points.

Lots of talk about recruitment, but I feel we're well ahead of last season just in terms of players in their proper positions. Elder, Washington, Barks and Sibley will be missing from the line up, but the side that started yesterday has plenty to be optimistic about. 

COYR

Just simply Can’t wait!

You would hope for a decent home win given the poor state that Wigan are in at the moment…

14 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

I remember one sunshiny season opener when we built Sunderland 5-0. I'd settle for the same again. COYR! 

Any sort of win on Saturday will do for me. I don't want a season anything like 1993-94 thank you. As you say, it started with the 5-0 home win against Sunderland. But it ended with Forest promoted in second place and with us being beaten by Leicester and Roger Milford in the play-off final. Awful memories, never forgotten. 🥲