v Wigan (H) Match Thread

Day

6 minutes ago, Carnero said:

32,211 when it was sold out against Birmingham in 2021/22

That wouldn't have been capacity because we now count actual bums on seats for our attendances. There will always be some no shows for various reasons.

In the earlier years at PP, attendances were based on tickets sold for each game. 

1 hour ago, Gerry Daly said:

Elder is fit so he will play. So will Washington. I don’t think it’s 3-4-2-1 either. For me it will be

wilsdsmith

Nelson Bradley Cashin

Ward   bird smith Hourihane elder

washington collins

but central midfield looks like this

Smith

Bird                 Hourihane

I don’t think bird is playing as 10, I think he’s playing in midfield like that

Totally agree

6 minutes ago, Foreveram said:

That is literally what I have typed above 😂

The seats are still there so that is still the capacity, we just aren’t allowed to use them hence why I said a SOLD OUT home and away would be around 32,000.

Actually, some lines of seats have been removed to create another gangway/segregation space. From front to back this is around 36 seats for each line of seats. These will account for only around 200 lost from the original capacity, of 6 lines have been removed.

I'll have to remember to have a look at the south stand segregation tomorrow from my seat in the east stand.

35 minutes ago, Carnero said:

32,211 when it was sold out against Birmingham in 2021/22

After that rabble ripped out seats and threw them, the away capacity has been reduced from 3100+ to 2,600+ and I don’t think Wigan will sell out completely. Take away the absent holidaymakers and I think we are looking at just over 31,000.

43 minutes ago, Foreveram said:

After that rabble ripped out seats and threw them, the away capacity has been reduced from 3100+ to 2,600+ and I don’t think Wigan will sell out completely. Take away the absent holidaymakers and I think we are looking at just over 31,000.

Ipswich had an allocation of 3,145 tickets in March.

I would bet on this line up,

Wildsmith

Nelson Bradley Cashin

Ward Smith Hourihane Bird Thompson

Mendez-Laing Collins

Washington on the bench until he's more capable of playing 90 mins. I'm not sure how far along Elder is but since he's further behind Washington on the recovery trail, I can't see him starting either. This is pure speculation clearly, guessing based on what Warne's said and from watching Pre-season vs Stoke/seeing line-up against Sheff U. But I think it's probably the easiest to predict based on the last couple of seasons opening game line-up. Not our best line-up, but the opening day of the season never is and it'll be completely different by the end of the season.

5 hours ago, valakari said:

On attendances..us season ticket holding cricket players normally miss games like this at start/end of the season..however it is going to be a washout tomorrow so i would expect most seats to be filled!

Storm Anthony…. Yes they’ve given it a name so wrap up Rams, about 50f too. Brrrrr. Test the drainage system out an’all