Derby County Women - 2023/24 season

Stuniverse

Incompetence is alive and kicking in Women's football where the official is concerned, Derby County Women 3 Halifax FC Women 3, The referee gives Halifax a panalty...very dudious...they miss it and he then orders a re-take for what I do not know and they score from the re-take, Then denies Derby a blatant penalty towards the end of the game...shocking...imo

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
17 hours ago, Seaside Ram said:

Just thought I'd pop a post on here to try and help this pinned thread get to 6 pages for the entire season ! 🐑

I think it does show that no matter how far the women's football has progressed in recent years, it is, for the large part, with a different demographic from the existing fanbases at clubs and football fans in general IMO. 

I am interested in the England team in a tournament but cba with the qualifiers even, never seen a minute, never watched any domestic women's football on the TV which has a lot of coverage now, I just can't get excited about it tbh, just as I can't about any games at any level on Sky or TNT that have no significant bearing/outcome on them. I did see a bit of the 2nd half of the  Liverpool game yesterday, but only because of family connections and them probably blowing their chance for the title once I saw the HT score and I'd finished up gardening for the day.

The only score I look out for from the Derby Women's team is when they play Forest.

I dont know a deal about the ladies (just ask Mrs. Chopper), but really pleased that it appears as though they've had a productive season.

I was wondering would one of our posters who is a bit more informed on such matters give us an overview of the Ewes season please? Also, and I appreciate player turnover can sometimes be extensive and can cloud matters, but it'd be interesting to see what ambitions there are. I know they are at Moor Farm now, best place to keep the entire flock and hopefully should take advantage of the facilities there to both improve the existing players and attract potential signings; but are there WSL ambitions and if so how "close" is it (yes I appreciate the pitfalls of such assumptions). 

On 28/04/2024 at 16:10, Rampant said:

They beat Liverpool 4-3 today as the good weekend continues.

It was Liverpool Feds not Liverpool

How many levels below the wsl are the Ewes?

Not that it's any less loaded than the men's. Lowly Bristol city tonked 8-0 by Chelsea. Man City, arsenal and Chelsea slugging it out for the title with man utd, villa and Spurs just behind.....🙄

1 hour ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

How many levels below the wsl are the Ewes?

Not that it's any less loaded than the men's. Lowly Bristol city tonked 8-0 by Chelsea. Man City, arsenal and Chelsea slugging it out for the title with man utd, villa and Spurs just behind.....🙄

It goes WSL, Championship then National League North and South (we are North).

Then National League regional (local one is Midlands)

Then Regional Leagues so locally

East Mids Prem

East Mids North, South, Central

Then County so Derbyshire has Div 1 and Div 2.   Womens football is 99% in the pyramid 

1 hour ago, trappatoni said:

It's becoming harder to compete if you aren't full time pro in the Championship (not sure how many are) and Newcastle were full time pro in National North this season. 

Do Newcastle have really short shorts like the dresses their young ladies wear down the Bigg Market?