Derby County Women - 2023/24 season

Stuniverse

2 hours ago, Anon said:

Started with 4-4-2.

I'm afraid I can't give you all the positions since I'm not familiar with the team yet. Sims played right back. Steggles and Jackson at centre back. Ashton and Mosby started up front. I felt things looked better when Rai was introduced and Mosby dropped deeper to receive the ball to feet. Wolves were supremely dominant in the air and were happy to sit in and invite long balls and crosses because they knew they could deal with them pretty easily. Sutherland really set the tone for a much improved second half by putting herself about and upsetting Wolves' rhythm in the middle. Derby probably deserved a draw on balance of play, but Wolves were well organised and I imagine they'll be in the promotion mix again.

Based on the highlights, I think it might have been:

13. Draper | 2. Sims [C], 5. Jackson, 4. Steggles, 14. McGrother | 17. Camwell, 8. Joyce, 24. Sutherland, 7. Wilson | 11. Ashton, 9. Mosby |

Womens football teams need to be fit on the field,to run and run and more run

At the world cup on Sunday most of the English girls looked unfit,carrying to much weight,compare them with the Spanish team,Spains girls looked "lean and mean"

So team managers look at their girls diet,nutricion,and training routine,and make more use of the scales,slim them down

On 03/09/2023 at 18:58, trappatoni said:

Shipping too many goals - defending last week was poor and at times complacent  so be interesting to see how hard the opposition had to work for their goals this week. 

1-0 up at the break, ended up losing 2-3. Both The Ewes goals were own goals and Steggles had a penalty well saved.

Not sure why Derby County Women only named four subs. Liverpool Feds named five.

Edited by Stuniverse