Derby County Women - 2023/24 season

Stuniverse

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 20/08/2023 at 14:13, Stuniverse said:

17 hours ago, Anon said:

Great goal from Sutherland. I thought she did an excellent job wresting control of the midfield away from Wolves in the second half.

I was unable to get to the match unfortunately, @Anon.

What formation did Sam Griffiths go with and who played where?

Many thanks.

17 hours ago, Stuniverse said:

I was unable to get to the match unfortunately, @Anon.

What formation did Sam Griffiths go with and who played where?

Many thanks.

Started with 4-4-2.

I'm afraid I can't give you all the positions since I'm not familiar with the team yet. Sims played right back. Steggles and Jackson at centre back. Ashton and Mosby started up front. I felt things looked better when Rai was introduced and Mosby dropped deeper to receive the ball to feet. Wolves were supremely dominant in the air and were happy to sit in and invite long balls and crosses because they knew they could deal with them pretty easily. Sutherland really set the tone for a much improved second half by putting herself about and upsetting Wolves' rhythm in the middle. Derby probably deserved a draw on balance of play, but Wolves were well organised and I imagine they'll be in the promotion mix again.

1 hour ago, Anon said:

Started with 4-4-2.

I'm afraid I can't give you all the positions since I'm not familiar with the team yet. Sims played right back. Steggles and Jackson at centre back. Ashton and Mosby started up front. I felt things looked better when Rai was introduced and Mosby dropped deeper to receive the ball to feet. Wolves were supremely dominant in the air and were happy to sit in and invite long balls and crosses because they knew they could deal with them pretty easily. Sutherland really set the tone for a much improved second half by putting herself about and upsetting Wolves' rhythm in the middle. Derby probably deserved a draw on balance of play, but Wolves were well organised and I imagine they'll be in the promotion mix again.

Many thanks, @Anon. Much appreciated.