Curtis Davies

inter politics

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Top, top bloke. I was driving up for the march and the Birmingham game when I had a call from the Mrs to say our eldest was really ill with Covid meaning I had to turn around and head home. A mate of mine knows Curtis from his time at Hull and let him know the situation with me having missed the march and the match, Curtis took the time to send a video wishing my daughter well and offering to sort tickets for me to a future game, one of football’s good guys off the pitch and a great defender on it. 

What a man. A great ambassador for football and for every team he represented. The Reading header may be my favourite Rams goal of all time, too. I can see him having an excellent career as a pundit if he doesn't fancy going in to coaching, but I don't think it'll be long before he joins up with Rosenior. Thank you, Curtis.

Hero on the Rams Twitter about sums it up.  “Putting their body on the line” is an overused phrase in football, but he really did that in the game against Sheffield Wednesday.  An injury in those few minutes could have ended his career but that was what he was prepared to do for DCFC.  And that header at Reading and the celebration afterwards showed his passion.

Football, and life in general, would be a lot better if there were more people like Curtis.  Thanks Curtis 🐏.

Absolute hero. Legend gets thrown around a lot these days but that day he signed a waiver to be on the bench, to then put that performance in, he’s a legend in my eyes. 

A true professional through the darkest times of DCFC. Lovely that the video he posted started in a derby shirt and finished in one. A true ram 🐏

One of my all time favourite Ram , the man , the legend

Valentines Day Love GIFBe Great The Best GIF by SportsManias

Curtis Davies

Thank you doesn’t cover the determination, passion , true grit and leadership you showed in a Derby shirt, always be welcomed back at PP

The screenshot of his story on Instagram is too big to post on here, but he’s at the game today and put the caption “Home 🐏🖤🤍

Would be surprised if he doesn’t have some kind of role at the club lined up, although he might be looking more towards the punditry side of things.

4 hours ago, Kernow said:

The screenshot of his story on Instagram is too big to post on here, but he’s at the game today and put the caption “Home 🐏🖤🤍

Would be surprised if he doesn’t have some kind of role at the club lined up, although he might be looking more towards the punditry side of things.

Wouldn't be surprised if he starts off by coaching one of the underage groups and some punditry in the side.

Bradley Johnson has started with the U18s this season, so there may not be an opening there at this moment in time, so one of the younger groups makes sense.

Sky/TNT as often as he can to get his face into the public domain and show off his tactical knowledge. RamsTV alongside Owen and Barker when he's free.