Curtis Davies

inter politics

17 minutes ago, NorwichExile said:

Would have been nice to see him end his career with us, but you can't blame him for thinking he's got one more year of first team football left in him at this level. Not a fan of him in red, mind.

Agreed.

Hoped he might have stayed on a coach. There were a few games last season where I thought even he must have recognised his legs - if not completely ‘gone’ - were on their way out and might be time to pack it in.  Good luck to him though.

• 2 weeks later...

For me a sporting God with a place in my personal Pantheon. It isn’t about your trophy count, win or lose.  It’s about spirit and ethics, how you play the game. 

Always a “nice guy” yes of course. 

But that season, back against the wall, ever present at his age, with the greatest of courage and leadership. Peerless, a life example. The epitome of a sportsman. It’s what you strive to be, what it should be like but rarely if ever is. 

On 07/07/2023 at 17:25, jono said:

For me a sporting God with a place in my personal Pantheon. It isn’t about your trophy count, win or lose.  It’s about spirit and ethics, how you play the game. 

Always a “nice guy” yes of course. 

But that season, back against the wall, ever present at his age, with the greatest of courage and leadership. Peerless, a life example. The epitome of a sportsman. It’s what you strive to be, what it should be like but rarely if ever is. 

This

I hope, nay expect, that when he returns he will get a standing ovation…there truly is only one Curtis Davies

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...