Curtis Davies

inter politics

Said it before, but I still hope he finds his way back to the club at some point, I suppose most likely a coaching role, though I understand it's not terribly likely. Players come and go, but Curtis really took to Derby and the club and us fans took to him. One of the few players of recent times over whom I remain quite wistful.

Like everyone else, I wish him all the best.

• 3 months later...
On 10/10/2023 at 21:32, Comrade 86 said:

Said it before, but I still hope he finds his way back to the club at some point, I suppose most likely a coaching role, though I understand it's not terribly likely. Players come and go, but Curtis really took to Derby and the club and us fans took to him. One of the few players of recent times over whom I remain quite wistful.

Like everyone else, I wish him all the best.

I really am an aging newbie when it comes to DCFC. 10 years a fan and ST holder but that means little compared to most on here who have it in the blood from an early age. 

But for what it’s worth, Curtis is the most “right” player I have ever seen in a Derby shirt. He was no youngster when he joined. We were his Indian summer and boy did the sun shine. Sure there were days when he got out paced by some young guns and he wasn’t a silky ball playing CB. But as a man who read the game, stood tall gave absolutely everything on the pitch… and some…., Curtis is my favourite player by a huge margin. Some skill but more than that .. pride, integrity guts. Bloody love the guy.  

If I could have been a player I would have liked to be like him.

Edited by jono

Just now, jono said:

I really am an aging newbie when it comes to DCFC. 10 years a fan and ST holder but that means little compared to most on here who have it in the blood from an early age. 

But for what it’s worth, Curtis is the most “right” player I have ever seen in a Derby shirt. He was no youngster when he joined. We were his Indian summer and boy did the sun shine. Sure there were days when he got out paced by some young guns and he wasn’t a silky ball playing CB. But as a man who read the game, stood tall gave absolutely everything on the pitch… and some…., Curtis is my favourite player by a huge margin. Some skill but more than that .. pride, integrity guts. Bloody love the guy.  

Spot on mate and I suspect Curtis would be delighted to be talked of in such terms. He'll never have to pay for a drink in Derby again, that's for sure.

1 hour ago, Comrade 86 said:

Spot on mate and I suspect Curtis would be delighted to be talked of in such terms. He'll never have to pay for a drink in Derby again, that's for sure.

I have tendency to spout polemics when it comes to sporting heroes. Not many spur me to this. A few handfuls over a lifetime but the good ones need to be recognised. The world has become very cynical. I just like remembering what it’s like to have ideals I suppose 😊

7 minutes ago, jono said:

I have tendency to spout polemics when it comes to sporting heroes. Not many spur me to this. A few handfuls over a lifetime but the good ones need to be recognised. The world has become very cynical. I just like remembering what it’s like to have ideals I suppose 😊

I think he's an especially easy man to like, on and off the pitch. Humble, courteous and eloquent off it, an absolute warrior on it. What's not to love? And FWIW, I think a lot of folk share your view, myself being among them.

On 11/01/2024 at 20:09, jono said:

If I could have been a player I would have liked to be like him.

Curtis more than earned the right to be a Rams legend 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Kernow said:

He’s leaving Cheltenham at the end of his contract, not sure if that’s his choice or Cheltenham’s, but he’s under ‘released’ on their Retained List.

Will he come back to DCFC in some sort of roll,I am sure that he has a great love for Derby,and Derby has a great love for Curtis.