Curtis Nelson - joined on a 2 year deal

QuitYourJibbaJivin

The Nixon patreon article has been screenshot and shared on Twitter. It says;

”Derby County are closing in on a deal with Cardiff City for centre half Curtis Nelson to join in a bargain deal.

Nelson is out of favour with the Bluebirds and could make the move to the ambitious League One outfit.

The Rams need a new central defender and boss Paul Warne is a big fan of Nelson who could be the long term successor for veteran Curtis Davies.”

Anyone wishing to can of course read this and many other gems of speculative transfer journalism by paying for Mr Nixon’s patreon.

Seems speculative again, do we “need” a new central defender? Not immediately for me but I guess in the summer we’re going to short on numbers again so maybe it does make sense. ??‍♂️ 

2 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

The Nixon patreon article has been screenshot and shared on Twitter. It says;

”Derby County are closing in on a deal with Cardiff City for centre half Curtis Nelson to join in a bargain deal.

Nelson is out of favour with the Bluebirds and could make the move to the ambitious League One outfit.

The Rams need a new central defender and boss Paul Warne is a big fan of Nelson who could be the long term successor for veteran Curtis Davies.”

Anyone wishing to can of course read this and many other gems of speculative transfer journalism by paying for Mr Nixon’s patreon.

Seems speculative again, do we “need” a new central defender? Not immediately for me but I guess in the summer we’re going to short on numbers again so maybe it does make sense. ??‍♂️ 

Right back, wide player and centre forward are current priorities for me before a new centre back….or central midfielder….

This makes sense. It doesn't look as if we'll get a lot of football out of Davies or Chester. Seemingly Warne doesn't fancy Roberts. If we buy Nelson we can move Fozzy to left back and move Sibley into midfield. That's such an important change to give us more attacking energy and drive and goal-scoring threat in the middle. 

We have a great defensive record, why change it mid way?

CB can wait till the summer. It’s not like we don’t have cover in that position albeit aging and out of contract in the summer, so best to hold on and focus on a winger, CF and RB.

Edited by Ramarena

I think priority should be more attacking players in this window. We have made the mistake in the past of being in a good position in January and prioritising a defensive player. Our defence is working well even with 3 players playing out of position. 

Smith reminds me of Chris Baird. Assured. Sibley is doing well at LB. Fozzy and Cashin are a good partnership. 

Another winger is needed and maybe a no.10 to take the pressure off McGoldrick. As much as I disliked him when he was here. Holmes would make a good squad player if we could get him. 

Warne has said in a handful of interviews that we either have players coming towards the end of their career or just starting so im seeing this as a good transfer if it happens. at 29 this is his prime also. atm we have a left back standing in at cb. Warne has been a breath of fresh air and im excited to see what he can build.