Curtis Nelson - joined on a 2 year deal

QuitYourJibbaJivin

9 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

Very pleased with this signing. Looks to be a solid and accomplished player with vast experience, in a position that’s in dire need of reinforcement. Will without doubt be an upgrade on Davies and Stearman who were both finished last season, and also should be much more reliable than Chester. Welcome to Derby Curtis!

Still need a couple more at CB though imo, if we’re playing 3 at the back. We’re very short there.

Hacked?

It's not about individuals, its about synergy of the team. If the manager can game the system with players who can exploit their strengths,

who knows what a journey we could have this season, Gel is whats needed and I dont mean brylcream 😁

7 hours ago, trekkie_ram said:

Nah, I remember when we went from ‘stars’ to ‘grafters’ under Jim Smith, and I’d take that season again all day.

We didn't really buy stars, we bought ones we thought might become them and it didn't really go to plan. We did have Stimac which tied it together and needed Asanovic the following year or we'd really have struggled.  It's getting the right ones that's the key. 

On 23/06/2023 at 19:13, alram said:

all true

but mcgoldrick carried us, like with any signing it can go either way! i dont think reputation matters that much

this signing doesnt really improve our age profile though which is my major worry, but at 30 will have a few years left in the tank yet

Getting a 30 year old CB called Curtis to replace a 38 year old CB called Curtis does improve our age profile.

Edited by PistoldPete

9 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

I wonder if the user who wanted the glory of making a snide comment at a mod might have the decency to actually mention said mod?

😉

Yep 😀

IMG_0636.jpeg

Edited by i-Ram
P.s. Thanks for merging.

On 24/06/2023 at 19:41, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

We didn't really buy stars, we bought ones we thought might become them and it didn't really go to plan. We did have Stimac which tied it together and needed Asanovic the following year or we'd really have struggled.  It's getting the right ones that's the key. 

I'd argue that Stimac was the final piece in the puzzle. Players brought in like Rowett, Van der Laan, Powell all became Premier League players and before that season Sturridge had done nothing so the additional of Solid professionals with a sprinkling of star power in Stimac and Willems was the key.

It seems to me that we are doing the same here, not big names but players that are well suited to this level and then the 'big' name which hourihane still is and potentially someone coming in should give us a much better base than last year which was oldies and youngsters with very little experience of this division