Curtis Nelson - joined on a 2 year deal

QuitYourJibbaJivin

5 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

If Nelson comes in then he has to earn his place, which isn't going to be easy with how Forsyth is playing at the moment. The best thing that happens is we bring a player in and he never gets a look in because the current team is playing so well.

Have to build a squad, too, of course. Can easily see Stearman, Davies and Chester all gone at the end of the season. 

On 03/01/2023 at 10:42, Srg said:

Have to build a squad, too, of course. Can easily see Stearman, Davies and Chester all gone at the end of the season. 

This is exactly right. I can’t see any of the three players mentioned being here next season.

if it’s not Nelson then we have to be looking for replacements for next seasons squad whilst bringing in this window what we need now, which is certainly a Right Back and a replacement for Asula. 

Of course we could wait for Summer but competition for players will be significantly increased. 

Cheers

Gangway D from the terrace 

2 hours ago, GangwayD said:

This is exactly right. I can’t see any of the three players mentioned being here next season.

if it’s not Nelson then we have to be looking for replacements for next seasons squad whilst bringing in this window what we need now, which is certainly a Right Back and a replacement for Asula. 

Of course we could wait for Summer but competition for players will be significantly increased. 

Cheers

o.......osula may oooooooo

23 hours ago, GangwayD said:

Cheers

Of course you’re right .. can’t argue with the logic. Our back line is getting on a bit and will need reinforcements… but oh I am so bored with seeing Nelson’s thread. He isn’t coming here in January is he, so can we have some more wild speculation from commercial click bate sites please just to keep grey January days a bit more interesting ! ?

12 minutes ago, jono said:

Of course you’re right .. can’t argue with the logic. Our back line is getting on a bit and will need reinforcements… but oh I am so bored with seeing Nelson’s thread. He isn’t coming here in January is he, so can we have some more wild speculation from commercial click bate sites please just to keep grey January days a bit more interesting ! ?

Where is Big Trav when you need him ?

1 hour ago, jono said:

Agree, I can’t see Nelson coming in Jan and mostly that we need some speculation to discuss. 

I actually don’t mind those who claim to be itk or links from those football ‘insider’ type sites. It provides debate and beats pages of puns. 

Not seen us linked with many players this window.

Gangway D from the Terrace  

Interesting Warne said in his interview Cheltenham pre-match, that one player was nailed on but then played for his side in the FA Cup, did well, and his manager now wants to keep him, or words to that effect. 

Someone mentioned earlier in the thread Nelsen played for Cardiff at the weekend so maybe it was him.  Just trying to see which other players figured for their clubs, but guess it doesn't really matter as they are not coming now.

Yeh, reckon this one can be locked.

GDFTT

6 hours ago, GangwayD said:

Interesting Warne said in his interview Cheltenham pre-match, that one player was nailed on but then played for his side in the FA Cup, did well, and his manager now wants to keep him, or words to that effect. 

Someone mentioned earlier in the thread Nelsen played for Cardiff at the weekend so maybe it was him.  Just trying to see which other players figured for their clubs, but guess it doesn't really matter as they are not coming now.

Yeh, reckon this one can be locked.

GDFTT

I’ve been trying to work out for the last 5 hours what GDFTT means. Bloody annoying. Can you give me any clues Gangway D from the terrace?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...