Curtis Nelson - joined on a 2 year deal

QuitYourJibbaJivin

Just now, Kokosnuss said:

Sounds like an old school defender from what Blackpool fans say, make the tackle, clear the ball, by no means a passer and not particularly strong in the air but a good leader. They seem to have one fan on their forums who absolutely hates him but you'll pretty much always get that.

Excellent, I’ll take his place then 

5 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Was Hoping for Bradley too be honest.   I assume he has a championship offer.  The players we're bringing in are not the calibre we brought in last season under tighter restrictions. 

I understand this concern, because there are no 'names' yet, but you could argue Vickers is equivalent to Wildsmith and we bought no full backs/wing backs in so hard to compare. Is Nelson worse than Stearman? Don't think that's clear at all.  So arguably we've 7 or 8 ish signings to go, let's just see.

9 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Was Hoping for Bradley too be honest.   I assume he has a championship offer.  The players we're bringing in are not the calibre we brought in last season under tighter restrictions. 

Hourihane - flattered to deceive.

Chester - never played.

Collins- pretty poor signing. 

Names and reputation aren't everything.  

1 minute ago, Chester40 said:

Hourihane - flattered to deceive.

Chester - never played.

Collins- pretty poor signing. 

Names and reputation aren't everything.  

No, but I thought Hourihane was ok.  Chester would have been the best centre half in the division if he was fit.  I didn't want Collins but not sure we played to his strengths when he got here.   His confidence was gone after that sending off and he was poor after.  Signing players who've been released with premier league experience and have most recently played mid to upper championship is a big jump from an average season at Peterborough and a club who've been relegated to League 1.

7 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

No, but I thought Hourihane was ok.  Chester would have been the best centre half in the division if he was fit.  I didn't want Collins but not sure we played to his strengths when he got here.   His confidence was gone after that sending off and he was poor after.  Signing players who've been released with premier league experience and have most recently played mid to upper championship is a big jump from an average season at Peterborough and a club who've been relegated to League 1.

Big 'if'..  

There are no definites, but buying that level of experience means taking a risk on something else eg their fitness, attitude, desire - or they would still be at that level. 

We need mid-age, energetic players who are desperate to get a promotion on their CV with a big club. 

I do think we need a striker with a bit more than lower league promise but he's obviously got a plan and it's been successful before.

28 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

But maybe we'll end of promoted with this batch.

9 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Joe Ward scored 6 and assisted 10 goals in a Peterborough side that got into the play offs last season.

Curtis Nelson has played 27, 30, 44 and 33 games in the championship in the last 4 seasons and has been captain at pretty much all his former clubs.

Callum Elder played 29 times for a side that finished mid table in the championship last season. 

Give them chance to show what they can do with a ram on their chest before completely writing them off.