Harvey Knibbs - Joined Reading

Cam the Ram

5 minutes ago, TomTom92 said:

Sign him up for me, exactly the sort of player we should be signing. 

Interesting whether him being from Derby can help us get him in. Can look at it two ways (see Rowett) but hopefully he'll relish being at the spearhead of a club supported by his mates.

Isn’t Rowett from Birmingham?

I like the sound of Knibbs though, good age and size.

I like Barkhuizen in terms of ability, but he seems unhappy. Maybe has resting misery face, like me. Warne didn't seem to go with him as a 10, which was somewhat surprising and is clearly looking for other options. Maybe he's one of those he deems not fit enough. Wouldn't be surprised if he moved on. Shame if he does, he could be really good at this level.

So Knibbs could be a younger, fitter and more athletic replacement.

Edited by Andrew3000

6 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Not sure where that leaves Barkhuizen. Potentially backup for the wing back positions.

Maybe at a club where he's not facing a grueling pre-season and won't be expected to close down, track back, and win 50-50s and aerial duels.  

The fact he didn't start when we were really poor going forward and struggling for goals tells you all you need to know about Warnes opinion I would've thought.

3 minutes ago, Kinder said:

Isn’t Rowett from Birmingham?

I like the sound of Knibbs though, good age and size.

I meant him living locally and having local connections meant the manager gig was a toughen. Slightly different i know as to my knowledge HK doesn't have kids but if he starts dropping stinkers you can't count on fans to not make derogatory comments.

9 hours ago, Andicis said:

At just turning 24 he is physically getting into a very good age, athletically extremely gifted and definitely much more technically skilled than Osula. Could do with improving his output going forward, but very switched on defensively. 

I could see that in the bits I saw, perhaps a working progress into a LM in a 3-4-3 would be a good career move for him. 

Well, my knowledge of him is a bit sketchy, but he's good at drawing defenders, his final ball is on point and could lead to a fountain of goals in our team, especially if you subscribe to the view that we are keeping didzy and our coaching staff have some useful tips.. The only blot on his copybook is flipping his lid occasionally. Good on pens and is sure to make his mark somewhere next season. I've never felt so sure about a signing.

8 minutes ago, Andrew3000 said:

Well, my knowledge of him is a bit sketchy, but he's good at drawing defenders, his final ball is on point and could lead to a fountain of goals in our team, especially if you subscribe to the view that we are keeping didzy and our coaching staff have some useful tips.. The only blot on his copybook is flipping his lid occasionally. Good on pens and is sure to make his mark somewhere next season. I've never felt so sure about a signing.

Good knowledge, Andrew. All I know is that his nickname is 'His'.

I'm not getting over excited or underwhelmed with any signing we make or anyone we get linked with.

I don't know enough about anyone we've been linked with so far to pass any judgement on account of the fact that I've barely seen them play.

Positives with this is that he's on a free, young, will improve, potentially good resale value.

People on twitter moaning and saying no because "He didn't score enough last season"

Well Blackman, Waghorn etc had one good season and we spunked nearly 8 million on them pair.