Harvey Knibbs - Joined Reading

Cam the Ram

Knibbs, 24, is set to become a free agent when his Cambridge contract expires at the end of the month.

However, Football Insider understands that Huddersfield are set to face competition for Knibbs’ signature from EFL duo Derby County and Bristol City.

https://www.footballinsider247.com/sources-huddersfield-and-derby-county-in-three-horse-race-to-sign-harvey-knibbs/

22 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

A striker but something like a goal every 6+ games. A good age (24) but has absolutely not set the world alight (5 goals in 47 appearances for Cambridge last season). I think we need (significantly) better.

He has been played on the wing. He is quick, strong and a good height. Good age too. He has contributed to a pretty poor side, and importantly is from Derby with a good attitude and mentality. Would be a great addition in my opinion (biased). His brother is in team GB for hurdles and his dad was a professional rugby player, physically is a very good fit for a Paul Warne side. Intelligent guy. 

Don’t know much about him so will do a deep dive at some point, but watched a few clips and he looks the part - decent technique, good physical presence. He strikes me as a player Warne would be interested in, but seemingly played his best football on left wing. If we’re playing with wingers then great, otherwise we really need to do away with the sqaure pegs for round holes. 

He would still be a developmental player, as he’s not exactly put it all together yet, but shown promise. We need depth. He would be an ideal candidate for the forward positions. He brings some of what Osula did to the team, albeit it took less than 5 seconds to see that this kid is much more controlled than Will. 

1 hour ago, Millenniumram said:

Derby lad. Appears to know a few I went to school with judging by his instagram. I might hear something if this is legitimate.

Hark at you getting all ITK! That said, you won't achieve God-like status status until the forum stalker has been mocking your posts for at least 12 months. 

5 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Don’t know much about him so will do a deep dive at some point, but watched a few clips and he looks the part - decent technique, good physical presence. He strikes me as a player Warne would be interested in, but seemingly played his best football on left wing. If we’re playing with wingers then great, otherwise we really need to do away with the sqaure pegs for round holes. 

He would still be a developmental player, as he’s not exactly put it all together yet, but shown promise. We need depth. He would be an ideal candidate for the forward positions. He brings some of what Osula did to the team, albeit it took less than 5 seconds to see that this kid is much more controlled than Will. 

At just turning 24 he is physically getting into a very good age, athletically extremely gifted and definitely much more technically skilled than Osula. Could do with improving his output going forward, but very switched on defensively. 

52 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

A striker but something like a goal every 6+ games. A good age (24) but has absolutely not set the world alight (5 goals in 47 appearances for Cambridge last season). I think we need (significantly) better.

You didn't fancy Didzy either pal, so perhaps a watching brief rather than a stat analysis might be the preferred route. If player selection and recruitment were as simple as 'pick the boy with good numbers', any fool could do it.

I'll admit I dint know anything about the lad, so a question to those that do: 

Given he has been described as a winger, athletic, technical and a good physical presence could he perhaps do a job as a wing back? 

Interview from October 2022,.he wouldn't necessarily be coming in as a winger or striker..

https://www.cambridgeindependent.co.uk/sport/knibbs-is-a-more-rounded-player-since-u-s-switch-9277297/

"I’m happy with where I am at. When I first came to Cambridge I felt like I was only adapted to one position, being up front,” he said during our interview outside the Cambridge Chop House on King’s Parade.

“Trying out other positions, I’ve become more versatile and that has really kicked my game on.

“I played a lot on the wing last year and more in the (number) 10 role this year. I’d say I’m more versatile, but with how I feel right now you just want to get better and I’d say there’s a lot more to come as well.

8 hours ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

You didn't fancy Didzy either pal, so perhaps a watching brief rather than a stat analysis might be the preferred route. If player selection and recruitment were as simple as 'pick the boy with good numbers', any fool could do it.

I certainly can't. I'm very much stuck in the past.

<loads up Football Manager 01/02, closes Rollercoaster Tycoon>

2 hours ago, Carnero said:

former

2 hours ago, Chopper said:

I'll admit I dint know anything about the lad, so a question to those that do: 

Given he has been described as a winger, athletic, technical and a good physical presence could he perhaps do a job as a wing back? 

Square pegs, round holes?

Sign him up for me, exactly the sort of player we should be signing. 

Interesting whether him being from Derby can help us get him in. Can look at it two ways (see Rowett) but hopefully he'll relish being at the spearhead of a club supported by his mates.