Harvey Knibbs - Joined Reading

Cam the Ram

5 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

I'm not getting over excited or underwhelmed with any signing we make or anyone we get linked with.

I don't know enough about anyone we've been linked with so far to pass any judgement on account of the fact that I've barely seen them play.

Positives with this is that he's on a free, young, will improve, potentially good resale value.

People on twitter moaning and saying no because "He didn't score enough last season"

Well Blackman, Waghorn etc had one good season and we spunked nearly 8 million on them pair. 

People on twitter also see him listed as a striker and think he played as a 9. 

• 4 weeks later...

Was probably between him and Washington at a guess, having both would give you two new forwards who aren’t (or don’t seem to be) massive goal threats.

Washington more of a known quantity but Knibbs probably with more potential upside. With a limited budget it makes sense to go with what Warne knows I guess, and assume Washington will be done soon. 

1 minute ago, nottingram said:

Was probably between him and Washington at a guess, having both would give you two new forwards who aren’t (or don’t seem to be) massive goal threats.

Washington more of a known quantity but Knibbs probably with more potential upside. With a limited budget it makes sense to go with what Warne knows I guess, and assume Washington will be done soon. 

Knibbs doesn't play as a traditional striker. For Cambridge, that was Sam Smith.

9 minutes ago, Srg said:

Knibbs doesn't play as a traditional striker. For Cambridge, that was Sam Smith.

I thought Washington was a bit like that as well? In a 3421 or 3412 both would be more likely to be in the 2 in the former and more of a hard working foil (or the 10) in the latter.

Either way in that front 3, however it’s made up, I doubt you could get away with both. 

31 minutes ago, Srg said:

Still baffling they're allowed to sign players. I secretly hoped we might be in for Knibbs.

Its is almost certainly just my ignorance but I really don't understand the rules and precedents with this stuff. Signing a manager and players while copping for points deductions and teetering on the brink of a major financial default that may end up with organisations taking a huge hit on defaulted debt. After everything that we experienced and the level of interference, how is that OK ? I presume the argument is that the EFL is not doing anything because Reading are not in administration yet. This just seems like they are walking to court to accept bankruptcy while handing out i.o.u's for a slap up meal at Greggs and a nice new pair of designer shades and some swanky trainers.

On 03/06/2023 at 02:02, 86 Hair Islands said:

You didn't fancy Didzy either pal, so perhaps a watching brief rather than a stat analysis might be the preferred route. If player selection and recruitment were as simple as 'pick the boy with good numbers', any fool could do it.

Looking at Derby’s recent recruitment, any fool does do it 

1 minute ago, 1977 Ram Raider said:

Another one bites the dust. Wont have a starting team at this rate.

I know you're feeling Under Pressure about new signings, and I Want It All too, but The Show Must Go On and, as long as we sign any of the other (many) good players still available (many of whom might actually be in talks right now), it may not be long before we're singing "We Are The Champions".

(Don't Stop Me Now).

2 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

We’ve got a starting team, did you miss the 4 signings we’ve already added and the wide reporting that we will be adding more players? I thought the drama about missing out on players was done

4 signings isn't enough though is it. I'm sure Warne has his targets though and all links to players on the transfer forum are all made up.

1 minute ago, jameso said:

I know you're feeling Under Pressure about new signings, and I Want It All too, but The Show Must Go On and, as long as we sign any of the other (many) good players still available (many of whom might actually be in talks right now), it may not be long before we're singing "We Are The Champions".

(Don't Stop Me Now).

The way things have been going I suspect there’s a couple of deals lined up and we’re waiting for the hammer to fall. 

1 minute ago, 1977 Ram Raider said:

4 signings isn't enough though is it. I'm sure Warne has his targets though and all links to players on the transfer forum are all made up.

No one has said it's enough. There are 2 months until the transfer window closes!

Currently, our first team squad contains: 3 GKs, 4 CBs, 2 WBs, 6 CMs, 3SSs, 1CF

Whilst we don't yet have a squad, we certainly do have enough to pull a team together to run around a few fields prior to our first pre-season game, which is still over a week away.

4 minutes ago, 1977 Ram Raider said:

4 signings isn’t enough for our final squad before the season kicks off and/or the transfer window closes. But that’s not what you said, in response to Harvey Knibbs potentially joining Reading you said we wouldn’t have a starting team. We do.
We need more players, and will sign more players, there’s no need to bring back the worry from a couple of weeks ago, it’s clear the club are working on targets as we’ve signed some and will sign more.

AC1738CE-A012-4598-A893-5A2D97B85F38.jpeg