Harvey Knibbs - Joined Reading

Cam the Ram

3 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

No one has said it's enough. There are 2 months until the transfer window closes!

Currently, our first team squad contains: 3 GKs, 4 CBs, 2 WBs, 6 CMs, 3SSs, 1CF

Whilst we don't yet have a squad, we certainly do have enough to pull a team together to run around a few fields prior to our first pre-season game, which is still over a week away.

I agree. I doubt Warne will let the current squad play with a ball until at least next Thursday.

4 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

You’ll be pleased to know they’ve done some ball work today

Wait - isn't that Harvey Knibbs right there?

image.png

4 minutes ago, TomTom92 said:

Must admit losing out (if we were ever in) for both Knibbs and May is underwhelming. 

Let’s hope we have a rabbit currently chilling in a hat because our strike force at the moment is gash.

I'm not convinced that if Knibbs and May were our first choice strikers for this window, that too many fans on this forum would be exulting in those signings. Personally I am anticipating better options coming in, but we shall see!

26 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

You’ll be pleased to know they’ve done some ball work today

I sometimes wonder what you do all day Caerphilly? Every 15 minutes it does seem like you are on here defending the club, or a member of the club, or a fan of the club, from any negative reaction, even when it might be made in the lightest of humour. Have a day down at Barry Island and chill a little. 

Summer Time GIF by Merge Mansion

Just now, jameso said:

I'm not convinced that if Knibbs and May were our first choice strikers for this window, that too many fans on this forum would be exulting in those signings. Personally I am anticipating better options coming in, but we shall see!

I just hope that when our attacking options are announced I can see a clear plan and logic to how we might score more goals.

Ideally, I’d like two younger players with a bit of pace, one big, one sharp.

Collins from Bristol Rovers would be nice, perhaps with a youngster from a Prem squad.

6 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

I just hope that when our attacking options are announced I can see a clear plan and logic to how we might score more goals.

Ideally, I’d like two younger players with a bit of pace, one big, one sharp.

Collins from Bristol Rovers would be nice, perhaps with a youngster from a Prem squad.

Plan and logic Smoggy 🤣 I hope you take your reprimand like a man 😉

28 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

I sometimes wonder what you do all day Caerphilly? Every 15 minutes it does seem like you are on here defending the club, or a member of the club, or a fan of the club, from any negative reaction, even when it might be made in the lightest of humour. Have a day down at Barry Island and chill a little. 

Summer Time GIF by Merge Mansion

Duly noted 

11 minutes ago, goodgollymickbrolly said:

Prefer you to keep on keeping on @Caerphilly Ram  and continuing to hold some of the less informed contributors to account 👍

Perhaps @i-Ram is right. It’s not my place to police other people’s thoughts, my initial intention when contributing has always been to try and promote a little rationale, calm and balance where possible, though I recognise I’m typically more on the positive/optimistic with my views so perhaps it has mutated into something I didn’t intend where perhaps I’m being antagonistic myself.
If it’s irritating one poster it’ll be irritating others and I’ve only truly got control over my own thoughts and rationale, people will feel how they feel about Warne, players, the club, whatever…. I’m on here to engage with a community of fellow Rams fans as I have limited contact with other Rams in the real world, being trapped here in deepest darkest Wales. I don’t want to be driving any division or negativity between fans so I’ll temper those sort of interactions and leave it to others. Life’s too short.

2 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Perhaps @i-Ram is right. It’s not my place to police other people’s thoughts, my initial intention when contributing has always been to try and promote a little rationale, calm and balance where possible, though I recognise I’m typically more on the positive/optimistic with my views so perhaps it has mutated into something I didn’t intend where perhaps I’m being antagonistic myself.
If it’s irritating one poster it’ll be irritating others and I’ve only truly got control over my own thoughts and rationale, people will feel how they feel about Warne, players, the club, whatever…. I’m on here to engage with a community of fellow Rams fans as I have limited contact with other Rams in the real world, being trapped here in deepest darkest Wales. I don’t want to be driving any division or negativity between fans so I’ll temper those sort of interactions and leave it to others. Life’s too short.

Some people like to spout bullcrap and don't like it when factual sources are used to debunk them.

I did try to warn you 😂 (no pun intended!)

3 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Nah , crack on posting what you think /feel , that’s the whole point of the forum 

17 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

I'll just say... I can tell that over the the past few weeks you have been getting a little bit more agitated (or so that's how it comes across) by certain types of posts and would say there might have been a couple of times where you've been guilty of accidentally propagating the idea of some big pro-Warne / Anti-Warne split.

We all do it from time to time (getting frustrated by other people's posts / grouping people together and imagining their number is higher than it is) so not to worry - I'd not be too concerned about annoying people, don't think you have done.

Possibly just take a bit of a breather now and again? Easier said than done though!

Edited by Kokosnuss

59 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

It's great that you have that degree of consideration but I hope you will continue doing what you do - I enjoy your take on things and you're entitled to it (not to mention that I typically see things similarly). As long as any of us can respectfully disagree with anyone else when we want to, it's all good 👍