Sonny Bradley - signed on a two-year-deal

deanoakaram4life

Puts me in mind of Ron Vlaar.

Speaks quietly and well. I like that you hear PW talk about what he wants and you think it's just spin -  but then you see who comes in and what they say and you realise he really does have quite a specific set of things he's looking for and it's about the dressing room as a whole rather than just thinking 'he's a good player'.

10 hours ago, Gabby'sThighs said:

Why announce Friday at bedtime?

Another sensible one. Tons of Championship experience, has been in promoted teams, free transfer, 2 year deal, captain material. 

Bloody awful tattoos mind, but maybe that's just me...

Probably seen the hysteria from some of our idiot fans about Washington not being good enough without seeing him play and despite his league 1 record being fairly good and thought sod it let’s sneak it out now… 

22 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

Speaks quietly and well. I like that you hear PW talk about what he wants and you think it's just spin -  but then you see who comes in and what they say and you realise he really does have quite a specific set of things he's looking for and it's about the dressing room as a whole rather than just thinking 'he's a good player'.

Agreed. A lot been made of “the right character”. Elder was a dressing room leader at Hull and brings that to us. Ward is honest and hardworking. Nelson has captained all of his former clubs so brings leadership too. Washington was really articulate and self aware, known for his selfless hard running. And Bradley, leadership and quiet self confidence in abundance. 

A squad made up of character, resilience, a bit of physicality, some athleticism, footballing ability….get some goals from across the side and any further new signings and it’s a good looking season for me.

10 hours ago, Gabby'sThighs said:

Why announce Friday at bedtime?

Another sensible one. Tons of Championship experience, has been in promoted teams, free transfer, 2 year deal, captain material. 

Bloody awful tattoos mind, but maybe that's just me...

News got leaked so they announced to get as much social media impact as possible before it was top late.

7 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Agreed. A lot been made of “the right character”. Elder was a dressing room leader at Hull and brings that to us. Ward is honest and hardworking. Nelson has captained all of his former clubs so brings leadership too. Washington was really articulate and self aware, known for his selfless hard running. And Bradley, leadership and quiet self confidence in abundance. 

A squad made up of character, resilience, a bit of physicality, some athleticism, footballing ability….get some goals from across the side and any further new signings and it’s a good looking season for me.

I think from the outside the fear was he would fill the team full of big lumps and has little else to offer as a manager. 

From the inside what I will see is that we won't be out-battled, out-muscled, we will be fit, mentally strong and very much together.  Players will know their role and position and be clear in what they are doing.  That's the basis and hopefully we can sprinkle some skill and class to go with that and really enjoy this season. I just don't see teams being able to do what they did to us last season at times.  Just a couple of signings up top and we look very decent.

Don't recall this clamour for a player to sign in a long time. Think he was Warne and everyone else's dream signing.

Talks well, backs himself as footballers should and sounds like he will help a great deal in shouldering the pressure of going for automatic promotion.

Big lad who will add a physical presence, and although I'm not expecting many, maybe a couple of goals from set pieces.

14 hours ago, Srg said:

I wasn’t convinced we were ever after him, but I have to say, seeing the fact that Callum Elder has followed multiple players and club staff, and then randomly Sonny Bradley and no one else not connected with the club recently has kinda changed my mind. 

ea4193ec-2648-47d7-a20f-8427f33943d6.jpeg

His girlfriend might not like him following Alice Briggs. 

2 hours ago, Chester40 said:

Feyanoords finest… i had him in a play by mail years and years ago lol

did i dream it or did he move to england? 

cant honestly remember lol

1 hour ago, Chester40 said:

I think from the outside the fear was he would fill the team full of big lumps and has little else to offer as a manager. 

From the inside what I will see is that we won't be out-battled, out-muscled, we will be fit, mentally strong and very much together.  Players will know their role and position and be clear in what they are doing.  That's the basis and hopefully we can sprinkle some skill and class to go with that and really enjoy this season. I just don't see teams being able to do what they did to us last season at times.  Just a couple of signings up top and we look very decent.

Whereas I felt the opposite way .He was hampered at his previous club by a small budget and the clubs location and standing but still assembled a promotion team on 3 occasions.He's now surrounded by a good fitness and coaching set up with experienced people assessing recruitment and a great owner.

I like his outgoing personality and think his motivational attitude is refreshing,as all his signings have vouched for.Think he'll get the best out of his squad and ,once we've resolved the possible Knight or Cashin sales then we can go and bring in the additional 3/4 impact signings we need to take us to the required level.Not too far off now!

1 minute ago, nogbad van 50 said:

Whereas I felt the opposite way .He was hampered at his previous club by a small budget and the clubs location and standing but still assembled a promotion team on 3 occasions.He's now surrounded by a good fitness and coaching set up with experienced people assessing recruitment and a great owner.

I like his outgoing personality and think his motivational attitude is refreshing,as all his signings have vouched for.Think he'll get the best out of his squad and ,once we've resolved the possible Knight or Cashin sales then we can go and bring in the additional 3/4 impact signings we need to take us to the required level.Not too far off now!

Is that likely?  if he has a year on his contract wouldn't be surprised.  If he had constant form like he did for the first half of the season  I think he'd be gone.  I think his second half was patchy and probably puts him in the wait and see for 6 months category for decent level championship sides.

3 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Is that likely?  if he has a year on his contract wouldn't be surprised.  If he had constant form like he did for the first half of the season  I think he'd be gone.  I think his second half was patchy and probably puts him in the wait and see for 6 months category for decent level championship sides.

Not even a murmur of a rumour. So don’t know where that suggestion came from.