Sonny Bradley - signed on a two-year-deal

deanoakaram4life

3 hours ago, The Key Club King said:

Seems like a good signing but which of us, like me, had never heard of him before we were linked with him? Can someone run one of those polls as I'd love to know? 

Never heard of him but then I know very few Luton players (I didn't know he played for them), but what does that matter? I can look at his stats and hear him talk and he seems a very good signing indeed.

10 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

Never heard of him but then I know very few Luton players (I didn't know he played for them), but what does that matter? I can look at his stats and hear him talk and he seems a very good signing indeed.

More of an observation on those "cheat code" nonsense comments I've heard based on a backup centre half at a Championship club that few people have watched or noticed.

The parallel reactions between Bradley and Washington who have had pretty similar career paths is ridiculous. 

5 minutes ago, The Key Club King said:

More of an observation on those "cheat code" nonsense comments I've heard based on a backup centre half at a Championship club that few people have watched or noticed.

The parallel reactions between Bradley and Washington who have had pretty similar career paths is ridiculous. 

He wasn’t back up. He just got injured.

Just got round to watching his interview. Impressive insight and very well put across. Hope he can stay fit as that kind of leadership is an essential part of any promotion winning side, which we really lacked last year when the chips were down. 

If we had him in the side last year, I feel we would have made the playoffs comfortably.

Very promising signing.

20 hours ago, RebelScum said:

Just popped into Wagon & Horses - Luton Town territory & said to the landlady "there was something I wanted to ask you"?

She said "Curtis Davies, moved to Cheltenham"?

"Nope"

"Ah, Sonny Bradley, signed for Derby?... you'll do alright there... hardnut & a leader"

Anyway, just thought I'd share

Keep the faith

Good luck to Curtis, hope he stays fit. Has he been made captain? 

On 09/07/2023 at 09:48, The Key Club King said:

But it's all relative isn't it. When we were challenging for the Prem, of course we're looking at big name players, exciting youngsters (look where that all got us!). Now we are where we are, of course we're looking at lesser known players. We're signing players who have played regularly at a higher level than we're at - for me, given where we are, that's good news. What did you expect exactly...? More over-priced, money chasing luxury players like Lawrence and Johnson? (meeeeooow! ;))

Also, factually incorrect to call him a backup player when he's played 163 games in 5 seasons for Luton. 4 seasons of which was in the Championship. 

31 minutes ago, Raich Carter said:

But it's all relative isn't it. When we were challenging for the Prem, of course we're looking at big name players, exciting youngsters (look where that all got us!). Now we are where we are, of course we're looking at lesser known players. We're signing players who have played regularly at a higher level than we're at - for me, given where we are, that's good news. What did you expect exactly...? More over-priced, money chasing luxury players like Lawrence and Johnson? (meeeeooow! ;))

Also, factually incorrect to call him a backup player when he's played 163 games in 5 seasons for Luton. 4 seasons of which was in the Championship. 

Totally agree. There are far too many fans who don't see to have noticed that at the moment, we're a mid-table league one club. We were spoiled with big name/money deals in the past, and that wasn't going to last forever.

It's even dafter when people here are calling players not good enough, before they're even kicked a ball for us.

2 hours ago, Raich Carter said:

I'm not sure my point got across well at all. Bradley is a decent signing as is Washington and I certainly don't expect/want or think we deserve big money signings. What I meant is that Bradley is seemingly thought of as akin to Dave Mackay signing and transforming us to the best club in the country, whereas Connor Washington is the reinacrnation of, well, Connor Sammon. Neither of which is true (well hopefully not the second one anyway) and is not really based on anyone actually watching them. 

I'll judge a player when I watch them, and as I don't really know any of our signings then I carry no real preconceptions about them into this season. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 14/07/2023 at 16:59, The Key Club King said:

I'm not sure my point got across well at all. Bradley is a decent signing as is Washington and I certainly don't expect/want or think we deserve big money signings. What I meant is that Bradley is seemingly thought of as akin to Dave Mackay signing and transforming us to the best club in the country, whereas Connor Washington is the reinacrnation of, well, Connor Sammon. Neither of which is true (well hopefully not the second one anyway) and is not really based on anyone actually watching them. 

I'll judge a player when I watch them, and as I don't really know any of our signings then I carry no real preconceptions about them into this season. 

Me too. Other than Bradley coming from Nephews club LTFC I knew nothing. After Saturday though .. hugely pleased. Commanding, tall, strong, loads of communication and a towering presence. Proper Eagle Annual centre half and leader. Him and Cash won’t be bullied by anyone … ever ! 

not sure how we are going to do up front but I predict a lot of clean sheets. 

32 minutes ago, jono said:

Me too. Other than Bradley coming from Nephews club LTFC I knew nothing. After Saturday though .. hugely pleased. Commanding, tall, strong, loads of communication and a towering presence. Proper Eagle Annual centre half and leader. Him and Cash won’t be bullied by anyone … ever ! 

not sure how we are going to do up front but I predict a lot of clean sheets. 

And come to think of it the last Luton pensioner to come here didn’t do a bad job did he … No 33 what a rock. 

I know Saturday was fun and we took our chances, the bounce was with us but I am really looking forward to this season. There is something in the air. Is it because we are clean slate after all the turmoil or is it because I saw a team gelling in to a unit ? … or maybe it’s just blind wishful thinking ? 

1 hour ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Read a bit more about the man, for anyone interested and brave enough to navigate the DET website.

My eyes are bleeding...

Great article though. Thought he was hugely impressive in his interview on the OS too. Keep him fit and he will be worth a fair few points on his own I would guess.

Shame he's just a standard league 1 player with no experience of playing at a higher level...