Sonny Bradley - signed on a two-year-deal

deanoakaram4life

Interesting one if true. He’s 6 foot 5 so would be the physical presence we need as a cb in both boxes and has plenty of experience through the leagues, plus leadership. However he’s a Hull lad so if they’re in for him the appeal of moving home and still playing in the championship may suit him more than joining us in league one. 

EDIT: posted as @Gerry Daly did, not that Hull are mighty but he’s from Hull and he came through the youth ranks there. 

Edited by Caerphilly Ram
Added comment regarding another post

Would he be guaranteed to play every week at Hull? I suspect he's been told he wouldn't be at Luton, hence the 'amicable' departure, so could guaranteed game time help swing things in our direction? I guess we wouldn't be favourites to land him as things stand, but this would be an excellent start to the new season's recruitment drive if he can be persuaded that Derby is the right fit for him. The only pause for thought for me would be over the health of his knee.

As good of a signing he would be, I would think Hull being interested probably makes it difficult to us as he is originally from Hull and I imagine still has friends and family in that part of the world. He may still think he has something to prove there too after being released as a young player. 

He would be quite the coup for a League One club though. 

15 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

As good of a signing he would be, I would think Hull being interested probably makes it difficult to us as he is originally from Hull and I imagine still has friends and family in that part of the world. He may still think he has something to prove there too after being released as a young player. 

He would be quite the coup for a League One club though. 

Would it? He's only really played 3 proper seasons  in the Championship in his career (not including 2 appearances as a youngster at Hull), he's 31 and only managed 20 games this year.

• 2 weeks later...