Summer Rumour Mill

sage

12 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Reading want to move Andy Carroll on and off thier wage bill. I still think we absolutely need someone to win headers up front and give us that kind of big option with 30 mins left in every game this season.

His wage will be more than our entire front line combined. No way we would sign someone like that, especially not an aging, injury prone player 

13 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Reading want to move Andy Carroll on and off thier wage bill. I still think we absolutely need someone to win headers up front and give us that kind of big option with 30 mins left in every game this season.

If he gets the service Collins can score with his head, well, at least he could during preseason 

9 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Was Waynes decision rather than cash necessity for this one as opposed to the fees for Kellyman etc.  A poor decision all round. 

"It is one where I felt I couldn't deny him the opportunity, so that is my decision, not an administrator's decision.

"It was my decision after speaking to the player, I felt I couldn't deny a young lad an opportunity of going to play in the Premier League."

He couldn’t deny him the opportunity to earn £5k a week. the problem he’s now got is that he’s stuck at Chelsea because no one in their right mind thinks he’s worth paying him that much or even paying half his wages to take him on loan. 

1 hour ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Why? 7 goals in 70 plus appearances Smoggy 🤔

We need to stop looking at goal records of 22 year olds and focus more on their technical ability, progression, etc. 

In League One, you’re only ever going to sign players with poor goal records - especially from higher up the pyramid. We can’t expect to sign 22 year olds with a 1 in 3 record in the Championship over the course of his career - those players are worth £5-10m in today’s market. 

5 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

We need to stop looking at goal records of 22 year olds and focus more on their technical ability, progression, etc. 

In League One, you’re only ever going to sign players with poor goal records - especially from higher up the pyramid. We can’t expect to sign 22 year olds with a 1 in 3 record in the Championship over the course of his career - those players are worth £5-10m in today’s market. 

Oh 😲 I see 😊

1 hour ago, Reggie Greenwood said:

According to my carrot crunching mate Adam is known as No Idah by Norwich fans. 
Reckons he does have talent but has been held back by injury and lack of consistent game time. 

According to my carrot crunching mate, who's family know Warne well, says Idah isn't going to get any game time under current manager, so can see and hopes Idah does come to us.

Springett on fringes of first team but also likely to go out on loan.

Reckons he does have talent but has been held back by injury and lack of consistent game time. 

He’s technically very good apparently and still young 😉

Now there’s an idea we could try at Derby. You never know it might work. Maybe we could try it with Sibley, for example.

I would find it quite a coup if we got him and then Collo can go to Shrewsbury but I’d think playing every week in L1 would do Idah the world of good. He should be decent in this league and we should get someone who could add real menace up front especially if he gets his confidence up. 

would be really happy with this if it happened. No guarantees he’s do as well as I’d hope but as has been mentioned there are no guarantees for the players we can afford especially in the striking department. Might mean using some of the Cashin cashish