Summer Rumour Mill

sage

14 minutes ago, Big Trav said:

Not from my usual source so take this with a pinch of salt but this lad is clued up in the agency world and apparently we're one of the clubs wanting JCH and are prepared to offload a few to get him. One to watch either this summer or in January. 

Not sure we could afford him BT, maybe need another striker in if Collins goes, but on a free perhaps 👍

9 minutes ago, Big Trav said:

Not from my usual source so take this with a pinch of salt but this lad is clued up in the agency world and apparently we're one of the clubs wanting JCH and are prepared to offload a few to get him. One to watch either this summer or in January. 

Interesting premise, but surely if we were planning this kind of reshuffle, we would be looking at a younger forward?

Clarke-Harris is very good but he is almost 30 and while he has an excellent record in League 1 and a respectable record in the Championship and he would obviously improve us, is he a player we can build the team around moving forward?

It would be a strange one, I’d say. I think if we were going to blow our budget on a marquee signing, it would make sense to sign a player who is 23-26 and can still develop in some way.

3 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

Interesting premise, but surely if we were planning this kind of reshuffle, we would be looking at a younger forward?

Clarke-Harris is very good but he is almost 30 and while he has an excellent record in League 1 and a respectable record in the Championship and he would obviously improve us, is he a player we can build the team around moving forward?

It would be a strange one, I’d say. I think if we were going to blow our budget on a marquee signing, it would make sense to sign a player who is 23-26 and can still develop in some way.

If he helps get us out of this league it would be money well spent but I don’t think we have the budget.

52 minutes ago, Big Trav said:

I've always held hope we would go for him.

I had a feeling we would be wanting to make a statement signing and these last few weeks had me questioning my sanity with that thought. The 2 signings this week prove that the club are doing bits and working diligently...sorry for my doubts.

So, I'm back to thinking we could be in for a decent transfer deadline day.

1 hour ago, Big Trav said:

I would imagine it would be Cashin & Collins who would be offloaded. Money then used to bring in JCH & probably a centre backs.

Personally would prefer we went for Nombe over JCH, probably slightly cheaper & younger.

4 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

I would imagine it would be Cashin & Collins who would be offloaded. Money then used to bring in JCH & probably a centre backs.

Personally would prefer we went for Nombe over JCH, probably slightly cheaper & younger.

Wouldn’t mind either. Nombe is quick as well, but JCH is a beast at this level and would be a fantastic signing.

2 hours ago, Big Trav said:

But we've already got Waghorn... 

No of course I'm not just saying that to annoy people, why do you ask? 

2 hours ago, Big Trav said:

RD comms said after the final whistle that PW gave him a hug  and was chatting. Probs nothing, but the longer it drags on without him moving the more I can see us making a bid. I did post earlier in summer that I had a weird feeling we’d sign him. 

3 hours ago, Big Trav said:

If we got JCH it would be the best signing in league 1 by far 

3 hours ago, Jourdan said:

I think as long as you have a trend of signing younger players a 30 year old who looks after themselves gives you 3/4 years of playing at a high level. 

Obviously huge leaps here but a 30 year old JCH holds the position until for 3 years partnering Waghorn initially until TJJ is ready to be starting week in week out (Yeah in this hypothetical we’ve signed him perm). After those 3 years TJJ is now the main man entering his best years with Brown from the academy beginning to push for a starting place. 

30 years old is a lot different to 33 years old in this game. Especially if he looks after himself.

I would love JCH here. 

Didn't really appreciate how good his hold up play was until watching him yesterday. Thought he was a right handful. Bought others into play really well.

The only way I could see this is if we sold Cashin for the £3 million we want. Then we'd probably have the funds. 

I'm not sure how much they want for him. But he's in the final year and I've seen that Bristol Rovers are one of the teams in for him so I can't see it being mega money?

Ideally if we sold Cashin we'd get him back on loan so we don't have to bring in a centre back. 

I was in the pub before the Peterborough game yesterday and someone in there said that he's heard the main hold up with him moving to Brighton is that Brighton do not want to loan him back to us. Obviously that could be b******s 

We could potentially be in for an interesting week.

Also I saw Warne at the cricket earlier. Such a nice bloke. Speaks to you like he's one of your mates. I said to him how well JCH did yesterday. He just kept saying "I want more pace" 🤣

1 minute ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

I would love JCH here. 

Didn't really appreciate how good his hold up play was until watching him yesterday. Thought he was a right handful. Bought others into play really well.

The only way I could see this is if we sold Cashin for the £3 million we want. Then we'd probably have the funds. 

I'm not sure how much they want for him. But he's in the final year and I've seen that Bristol Rovers are one of the teams in for him so I can't see it being mega money?

Ideally if we sold Cashin we'd get him back on loan so we don't have to bring in a centre back. 

I was in the pub before the Peterborough game yesterday and someone in there said that he's heard the main hold up with him moving to Brighton is that Brighton do not want to loan him back to us. Obviously that could be b******s 

We could potentially be in for an interesting week.

Also I saw Warne at the cricket earlier. Such a nice bloke. Speaks to you like he's one of your mates. I said to him how well JCH did yesterday. He just kept saying "I want more pace" 🤣

How was the Fozzy cricket? Any surprise guests you him introduce PW to as seems to be good recruitment path?

If Collins was offloaded, possibly Shrewsbury with the previous links, and replaced with JCH then we’d probably have the strongest frontline in the league.

JCH, Waghorn, Washington & TJJ. That’s more than good enough to fire us to promotion at this level.

I still think we’d struggle to afford it unless Brighton cave and pay what we want for Cashin, but then we’d also have to replace him.

Collins out, JCH in, and Cashin sold with a season loan back would be a pretty good end to the transfer window.