Things you miss

dog

I miss sitting in my office just being able to read my articles and write up my thoughts knowing that the future was at least 3 years off. 

I miss going to the cinema at 10.00pm after staying late at the office and spending a fiver for my entertainment. 

I miss regularly seeing my friends without feeling guilty for not doing something i should have off my list. 

I miss not feeling under immense pressure and strain almost every hour I'm not sleeping. 

1 hour ago, Leeds Ram said:

I miss sitting in my office just being able to read my articles and write up my thoughts knowing that the future was at least 3 years off. 

I miss going to the cinema at 10.00pm after staying late at the office and spending a fiver for my entertainment. 

I miss regularly seeing my friends without feeling guilty for not doing something i should have off my list. 

I miss not feeling under immense pressure and strain almost every hour I'm not sleeping. 

Never underestimate the importance of doing things just for you. If seeing your mates every now and again is your happy place, then it's just as important as anything else you have to do.

Hope you are okay, that last sentence made me worry a bit. Don't know you, but if you ever need to talk, I'm a Mental Health First Aider and would be happy to help. Problem shared and all that. 🙂

3 hours ago, Leeds Ram said:

Take care, @Leeds Ram and I really hope you feel better soon. 2010 and I was in your position more or less. It was only a visit to the doctor that saved me. Hope that you find a route that makes you feel much better. PM me if you need a chat!!

8 hours ago, Leeds Ram said:

I think a tremendous number of young people feel the same way. The pressure, much of it from peer groups, but also media and parental, to be seen to achieve and succeed nowadays is hugely out of whack. Look after yourself. 

18 hours ago, TomBustler1884 said:

Never underestimate the importance of doing things just for you. If seeing your mates every now and again is your happy place, then it's just as important as anything else you have to do.

Hope you are okay, that last sentence made me worry a bit. Don't know you, but if you ever need to talk, I'm a Mental Health First Aider and would be happy to help. Problem shared and all that. 🙂

Thanks that's very kind 🙂 I'm fine just going through a bit of a rough patch atm 🙂

15 hours ago, Miggins said:

Take care, @Leeds Ram and I really hope you feel better soon. 2010 and I was in your position more or less. It was only a visit to the doctor that saved me. Hope that you find a route that makes you feel much better. PM me if you need a chat!!

Thanks that's very kind 🙂 I'm glad you're feeling better than you were 🙂

11 hours ago, i-Ram said:

I think a tremendous number of young people feel the same way. The pressure, much of it from peer groups, but also media and parental, to be seen to achieve and succeed nowadays is hugely out of whack. Look after yourself. 

Will do i-Ram 🙂 luckily my mum is great and I've got good friends at least 🙂

On 24/04/2023 at 08:00, Miggins said:

Milford Common (next to Shugborough Hall) is about 40 minutes from Burton. To me at the time it was huge and on a Sunday there would be about 200 cars parked on it. You can't park anywhere on it now, except the designated car park area (tarmac). I sometimes take mum there for a bit of nostalgia, although now it looks much smaller than I remember. I think we all see things as large when we are small - christmas trees, the school field, the headteacher, the garden pond, Milford Common! Whenever I've had past pupils join me for work experience they've looked around and then remarked that everything is a lot smaller than they remember! 😄

I've played cricket at Milford a few times but didn't realise the common nearby was where a lot of people would go. 

On 27/04/2023 at 23:34, i-Ram said:

All the dead bodies found on Mount Everest were highly motivated people. No lazy buggers like me

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 30/04/2023 at 01:34, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Jeans that fit properly.  Seemed designed nowadays to constantly need hoiking over your arse not matter the type or cost.  

Put them on. Go sit in a hot bath for an hour, They shrink to fit perfectly. 'course your bits are all Denim blue by then. Ah the sixties!

Finding music exciting.

Hurtling from punk to new wave to 2 tone to indie in 7 or 8 years then lots of decent bands since but nothing that seemed massively new and exciting.

Maybe that's just getting old 

1 hour ago, sage said:

Finding music exciting.

Hurtling from punk to new wave to 2 tone to indie in 7 or 8 years then lots of decent bands since but nothing that seemed massively new and exciting.

Maybe that's just getting old 

No, mate - just the way your brain is wired.

I fell in love with Metal before it was even called that - was fortunate enough to see Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath and Deep Purple before they were (particularly) famous, and it's still the music for me. Not particularly sophisticated, I know, but I still love it.