Things you miss

dog

7 minutes ago, dog said:

Things I miss from my younger days - 

Eating biscuits without worrying about immediate weight gain

Talking to real people in places such as banks rather than having to call a 'help line'

A night out not dominated by phones .  Songs without autotune and actual instruments being played as the norm.  

Riding around the estate with my friends. Being naughty back then involved climbing a fence or cherry knocking. 

Heads and volleys

Sega Mega Drive

Mums shouting you for tea. And if you missed your call then you pooped it. You'd be alright if a friend came and told you but if your mum had to leave the house and do the arms folded walk then there was a good chance you wouldn't be back out after tea. 

Lurky (?)

Social club on Sunday nights. Thinking of that makes me miss my Gran. Was the Carriage and Wagon then as I got older the engineers. 

After the club I'd go home and play a football video game and eat the broken biscuit assortments. Hoping Mum wouldn't know I was still up. 

In another topic on here, Anagram talks about the cruddy lard sold on the concourse at Pride Park. Of course I know he doesn't mean bread and lard sandwiches. But I was brought up on lard and dripping on bread. I have been married 60 years this year and have never had dripping or lard in that time. I never realised that I have missed either but having read that/this post I think I have. Anyone else eaten Dripping or lard? 

29 minutes ago, Geriatram said:

In another topic on here, Anagram talks about the cruddy lard sold on the concourse at Pride Park. Of course I know he doesn't mean bread and lard sandwiches. But I was brought up on lard and dripping on bread. I have been married 60 years this year and have never had dripping or lard in that time. I never realised that I have missed either but having read that/this post I think I have. Anyone else eaten Dripping or lard? 

I have! Used to have beef dripping on bread toasted on the fire. Delicious but not very healthy 😊

28 minutes ago, Geriatram said:

(Beef) drippin' (inc. the jelly stuff) on thick white toast... sprinkling o' salt.

Happy days!  👍

Just realised it's been years since I had all 3 of them!  😢

Being able to plan a break without the niggling fear of strikes meaning I can’t get there, or will be delayed. 
pubs with no kids in (yeah I know I’m miserable and I did bring up kids)

being able to find clothes and shoes in lots of shops so I can try on and not buy online

Derby competing at the highest level playing Real Madrid, Juventus, Benfica in European competitions and thinking it would never end. 
Eusebio playing at BBG.

To the Mary Hopkins song

Those were the days my friend we thought it would they never end. 
We won the league twice and we won the charity shield.

We lived the life we choose we fought and never lose.

We are the Rams oh yes we are the Rams.