Referees

Seaside Ram

1 hour ago, NorwichExile said:

Disallowing Cash's goal utterly deflated the team today. That's not the refs fault, it's down to managing the morale of the squad, but you have to wonder if we're ever going to get a decision in our favour.

The push on Knight would have been a touch soft, but it's the type of pen that's been given against us time and time again this season. How many of us instantly waited for the whistle when Chaplin went down like he's been shot? Where was the booking?

I don't think there's a conspiracy from the EFL down, we're more than capable of sabotaging our own season, but the level of officiating is beyond abysmal.

Do you think, some officials have it in for us due to being a big club and in the news a lot over the last 5 to 6 seasons. With having the likes of big name managers in Lampard, Cocu and Rooney. Then all the news attention regarding being in Adminstration and close to folding. Some of these officials have this power status and get their kicks from making a controversial decisions in the matches.

Agree the reffing in League One is not a good standard and all teams will get good and bad decisions made during the season. Some will say it will even it self out over the course of the season. I'm doubting that will be the case for the Rams and thats why I have come to the conclusion that these men in black want to make a name for themselves when a big name club is on the pitch.

3 minutes ago, plymouthram said:

Do you think, some officials have it in for us due to being a big club and in the news a lot over the last 5 to 6 seasons. With having the likes of big name managers in Lampard, Cocu and Rooney. Then all the news attention regarding being in Adminstration and close to folding. Some of these officials have this power status and get their kicks from making a controversial decisions in the matches.

Agree the reffing in League One is not a good standard and all teams will get good and bad decisions made during the season. Some will say it will even it self out over the course of the season. I'm doubting that will be the case for the Rams and thats why I have come to the conclusion that these men in black want to make a name for themselves when a big name club is on the pitch.

If anything, I suspect there’s a degree of pressure to not be seen to be swayed by the home crowd into making decisions.  So marginal decisions where the crowd goes wild are more likely to go the other way just to demonstrate “neutrality”. And at this level, we’re probably getting a lot of referees who’ve barely ever refereed a game in an atmosphere like Pride Park.

1 hour ago, B4ev6is said:

There is conspiracy against us I said it for years.

No there isn't. This poor little hard done to Derby, picked on by refs and the EFL narrative has to stop. It's pathetic and even though it's a minority view it is one which makes us all look like conspiracy loons and reflects badly on us as a fanbase. 

5 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

If anything, I suspect there’s a degree of pressure to not be seen to be swayed by the home crowd into making decisions.  So marginal decisions where the crowd goes wild are more likely to go the other way just to demonstrate “neutrality”. And at this level, we’re probably getting a lot of referees who’ve barely ever refereed a game in an atmosphere like Pride Park.

This could be also partly true, but some bad decisions have happened away from home.

1 hour ago, duncanjwitham said:

So if I’m reading that right… if one outfield player goes down with an injury, we just need to get another player to fake an injury at the same time and get a bit of treatment, and then both players can stay on the field?

So that’s why two players simultaneously got head injuries while the ball was out of play so they could stop play stop our rhythm and both stay on for the restart.

31 minutes ago, Rambam said:

Didzy was nowhere near the keeper. No one was. 

A68D010C-7EBE-4FDE-88BA-3743643CFEEC.jpeg

When I saw the replay on the concourse TV after my only thought was that Didzy had been pinged for offside and deemed “active” by being in the keepers eyeline. I was clearly clutching, but it was never a push!

3 minutes ago, DiggerB said:

When I saw the replay on the concourse TV after my only thought was that Didzy had been pinged for offside and deemed “active” by being in the keepers eyeline. I was clearly clutching, but it was never a push!

With the post match talk about a “communication mishap”, I suspect it’s something vaguely related to that. The Ref probably asked the Lino if he blocked the keeper, and the Lino though he was asking if he was onside and said yes (or something else along those kind of lines).

24 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

If only that had applied at Plymouth.

23 minutes ago, Rampant said:

No there isn't. This poor little hard done to Derby, picked on by refs and the EFL narrative has to stop. It's pathetic and even though it's a minority view it is one which makes us all look like conspiracy loons and reflects badly on us as a fanbase. 

Pretty clear it isn't going to stop and obviously gives people some comfort after a bad result.

Edited by Blondest Goat

22 minutes ago, DiggerB said:

Looking at that photo the goalkeeper would have pontoon eyes if Didzy was in his line of sight. One eye on stick the other on twist.

After seeing the fan cam of the disallowed goal, and the controversy surrounding it, my one thought is that we were seemingly quite nice about it in the aftermath. I don’t think we should be surrounding the ref, but we just accepted it and moved on. Should Bird be going and getting clarification from the ref in real time and communicating to the other players they believed McGoldrick fouled the keeper to which Bird or whoever can point out how far McGoldrick was away from the incident?

The officials won’t change their mind and yes the refs are rubbish etc, but they are also human and you can introduce doubt into their head once the game has restarted.

4 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

After seeing the fan cam of the disallowed goal, and the controversy surrounding it, my one thought is that we were seemingly quite nice about it in the aftermath. I don’t think we should be surrounding the ref, but we just accepted it and moved on. Should Bird be going and getting clarification from the ref in real time and communicating to the other players they believed McGoldrick fouled the keeper to which Bird or whoever can point out how far McGoldrick was away from the incident?

The officials won’t change their mind and yes the refs are rubbish etc, but they are also human and you can introduce doubt into their head once the game has restarted.

Yes.  Drives me mad.  Make life a misery for him.  Scream in his face enough to warrant a yellow.  You'll be amazed how you get freekicks and 50/50 penalties afterwards.

1 hour ago, Rampant said:

Someone had to say it...

Actually the standard of match officiating in League One isn't the best.     We've been on the wrong end of questionable decisions often, I guess all teams in the division have at one time or another been screwed over by a wrongful call.    You can chalk it up to incompetence, inexperience or whatever.    Thing is the caliber or standard of refereeing just isn't the same as in the leagues above.    

Saw some mention of time wasting by ourselves from today also.   I think that's largely uncharacteristic of ourselves.    We don't really make a habit of it.      Guess it was a game of such magnitude, we had a  1 - 0 lead or whatever and took to what  (Derby fans) may deem 'unsportsmanlike behavior' in order to access or help a win.       I apologize on the players behalf, as before, that's not really our style.  

It’s not even the appalling decisions that really rile me anymore, I expect them to be honest. It’s the slow, languid shuffle between marking the spot for the ball, then the wall, then to take up their point to observe free kicks. GET ON WITH IT MAN! 😩

As this is happening on a now almost match by match basis at this key stage of the season, I'll do a copy and paste job below of a comment I made last month.

After several seasons of feeling that key decisions go against us, and this affects our overall position in the league and it doesn't 'even itself out at the end of the season', that in 20/21 I kept a very nerdy spreadsheet of controversial decisions in our games, both for and against. We came out with -8 or -9 points due to these.

It's all very well taking each game one at a time and saying well, ok, that decision went against us and cost us the draw or win, but we didn't deserve the points so it doesn't matter. Football results aren't decided on performance or merit, but the scores on the doors at the end of the match. At present it feels like we need to create ourselves a goal buffer to allow for poor decisions.

Again, as football is a game of fine margins, if our 'goal' today against Ipswich had been allowed to stand the outcome of the game and appearance of the league table tonight might very well be different, and even more so given similar issues with decisions v Plymouth and Peterborough.

I'm not frothing at the mouth insisting that there is an EFL conspiracy behind closed doors that decides on the result of games before they are played, but as with many things in life, many factors come into play. An example is match officials taking selfies at their big day out at the stadium and what this indicates about their approach to the game.

I believe we are all entitled to our own opinions and my view is that we are hard done by with regard to decisions against us and this does materially affect our position in the league table. I would be very interested if anyone has any any evidence that over the course of a season this is not the case.