Forest Green Rovers (A) Friday 7th April, 3pm KO

Wildsmith 

Rooney       Cashin      Forsyth

Knight         Smith    Bird (C)           Roberts 

Sibley         Dobbin    
                        Mcgoldrick 

Subs- McGee, Chester, Hourihane, White, NML, Barkhuizen, Collins 

- Actually think the 3 at the back worked quite well as a system against Ipswich once we’d settled into the game, just felt the personnel was wrong. Get Knight as a wing at wing back to provide energy, NML’s clearly knackered and Knight’s best form this season was arguably playing right back, think Roberts did a good job on the left against Ipswich, he’s been our best player recently.

- Use Sibley and Dobbin as 2 10’s playing off Mcgoldrick, a number of teams play multiple number 10’s now, Sibley and Dobbin provide energy and are willing to take players on and try things, even if it doesn’t always come off. Let the wing backs provide the width and allow the 10’s to create problems in the middle.

- We need to score early, if we get to half time at 0-0 I’d worry, teams know they can beat us second half if they change tactically at half time, we don’t adapt well.

12 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

No place for Chester or do you still think it’s still too early?

Having been gently reintroduced through the U23’s he will surely feature in PW’s plans for the final run in (unless he picks up another injury in the pre-match warm up knowing his luck).

I don't personally think he's ready yet and should have another full 90 for the U21s.

Warne will have him in the matchday squad and put as many of the older players in the starting lineup as possible.

22 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Wildsmith

Rooney   Cashin   Roberts

Knight   Bird   Sibley

Mendez-Laing   McGoldrick   Dobbin   Barkhuizen

Subs: McGee, Davies, Forsyth, Smith, Hourihane, Springett, Collins

Springett is injured I would play Smith  in place of Sibley who would move up to replace Dozy Dobbin.

Edited by Magicman

If 3 at the back,

Wildsmith

Chester  Cashin  Forsyth 

Rooney   Knight   Bird   Hourihane   Roberts

Sibley 

McGoldrick

4 at the back,

Wildsmith

Rooney   Chester   Forsyth   Roberts

Knight   Bird   Hourihane

Dobbin   McGoldrick  Barkuizen 

Forest Green Rovers played 3 at the back earlier in the season and when Duncan Ferguson took over at the end of January he switch the formation to a back 4. I think we should switch to a back 3 for this game and have more numbers in midfield to dominate play. Keep the ball on the ground, keep possession and we will be rewarded with goals. Eh we might even get a dodgy penalty in our favour.

Wildsmith

Chester Forsyth Cashin

Knight                                    Smith       Bird                          Roberts

Mendez-Lang                                               Sibley

McGoldrick

Bench-    McGee, Rooney, Hourihane, Barkhuizen, Dobbin, White & Collins

On 03/04/2023 at 08:44, JustOneBiblicalKazim said:

Wildsmith 

Rooney       Cashin      Forsyth

Knight         Smith    Bird (C)           Roberts 

Sibley         Dobbin    
                        Mcgoldrick 

Subs- McGee, Chester, Hourihane, White, NML, Barkhuizen, Collins 

- Actually think the 3 at the back worked quite well as a system against Ipswich once we’d settled into the game, just felt the personnel was wrong. Get Knight as a wing at wing back to provide energy, NML’s clearly knackered and Knight’s best form this season was arguably playing right back, think Roberts did a good job on the left against Ipswich, he’s been our best player recently.

- Use Sibley and Dobbin as 2 10’s playing off Mcgoldrick, a number of teams play multiple number 10’s now, Sibley and Dobbin provide energy and are willing to take players on and try things, even if it doesn’t always come off. Let the wing backs provide the width and allow the 10’s to create problems in the middle.

- We need to score early, if we get to half time at 0-0 I’d worry, teams know they can beat us second half if they change tactically at half time, we don’t adapt well.

Worth a go that, although I'd probably have Barks in for Dobbin and bring Dobbin on as an impact sub

On 01/04/2023 at 16:26, Wistaston Ram said:

Don't worry, the good lady is joining me for this game.  Her record this season;

Shrewsbury 0.0

Portsmouth 0.0

Ipswich 0.1

Barnsley 1.4

Surely she is due a win.

This will be the win..it's bound to happen..

This is such a surreal game for me. 

Forest Green is a tiny hamlet on top of pretty Cotswold town called Nailsworth, the town i grew up next to for 21 years.  I remember going to watch FGR with about 250 fans regularly in their old ground round the corner and playing there a couple of times for my school team.

Now, I'm going to watch FGR v Derby in a league game.  I never thought that would happen.

As a result, myself and all my mates (who all live in Forest Green/Nailsworth) have sorted a box for the day.  They are all closet FGR go see them once every year fans while I'm going to be supporting the mighty Rams.  

Jesus christ i hope we don't lose!!!