Forest Green Rovers (A) Friday 7th April, 3pm KO

2 months ago this would’ve been a banked win. Get the cognac and cigars out boys and don’t break sweat. 

I wouldn’t back us if my life depended on it at the moment. 

Im all for giving Warne the summer but he needs to get us pulling our finger out in some capacity. If we don’t beat these then fan disgruntlement will start to show. 

1 hour ago, Jram said:

Come on, everyone. We haven’t signed a player for money in 3 years. This should be on a banner at the top of the forum

GIVEN THE CONTEXT, WEVE HAD AN EXCEPTIONAL SEASON

oh come on " an exceptional season" is going well over the top.

most teams in this league would swap for our squad in an instant, i bet we have one of if not the biggest wage bill in the division despite not signing a player for money.

half the league dont spend any money, you can include several of the teams we are competing against in that

Edited by alram

1 hour ago, alram said:

oh come on " an exceptional season" is going well over the top.

most teams in this league would swap for our squad in an instant, i bet we have one of if not the biggest wage bill in the division despite not signing a player for money.

half the league dont spend any money, you can include several of the teams we are competing against in that

Having only one player (GK) between the ages of 22 and 31 says to me it is a less than ideal squad cobbled together quite impressively. I think we’ve done brilliantly this year 

49 minutes ago, Jram said:

Having only one player (GK) between the ages of 22 and 31 says to me it is a less than ideal squad cobbled together quite impressively. I think we’ve done brilliantly this year 

fair enough.

with the squad we have assembled it should be in the top 6, we arent far off but to say its an exceptional season is well over the top

9 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Wildsmith

Rooney   Cashin   Roberts

Knight   Bird   Sibley

Mendez-Laing   McGoldrick   Dobbin   Barkhuizen

Subs: McGee, Davies, Forsyth, Smith, Hourihane, Springett, Collins

No place for Chester or do you still think it’s still too early?

Having been gently reintroduced through the U23’s he will surely feature in PW’s plans for the final run in (unless he picks up another injury in the pre-match warm up knowing his luck).

Wildsmith

Smith, Forsyth, Cashin, Roberts

Bird, Hourihane

Knight, Sibley, Dobbin

McGoldrick

or

Wildsmith

Forsyth, Cashin, Roberts

Knight, Bird, Smith, Hourihane, Sibley 

McGoldrick, Dobbin

Think both NML and Barkhuizen looked knackered so I’d be sticking Knight on the right to play the Duracell bunny role and tighten up the right hand side. Warne seems reluctant to admit they’re running on empty though and seems obsessed that Knight has to play in the hole.