Forest Green Rovers (A) Friday 7th April, 3pm KO

14 minutes ago, cj9a408 said:

A nightmare!  Its a little Cotswold village/town.  You'll be better off going to one of the pubs on Minchinhampton Common - only a 10min drive away.

Parking at the ground is even worse 

Yeah, cheers. I'm coming from Cheltenham and never been to Nailsworth on a match day. Probably call in at the Old Badger in Eastington (just off J13). Then its a 20 minute drive to the P&R at Renishaw.

Home End Rams, come on.

1 hour ago, IlsonDerby said:

Wildsmith 

Rooney Cashin Fozzy 

Knight                            Roberts

Bird Hourihane 

Sibley 

McG      NML 

Knight actually has the pace to get up and down the right more effectively than Smith. 

Bird and Hourihane should create a solid platform to build from. 

NML given a free role up top but told to stretch the defence by being on the shoulder whenever Bird/Hourihane/ Wingbacks get possession. This should create space between their defence and midfield for McG and Sibley to have a go at the defence. 

Tell Knight and Roberts to stick to the touch lines when we are in possession and for the wingback opposite the side of play to be high as an outlet. 

Time to start thinking about how we’ll set up next year if he has players in that suit a 352 whilst giving us the best chance of not throwing away the last few games of this season. 

Dobbin/Bark can replace Sibley for the front line to look like 

NML McG Dobbin

in a 343 if it isn’t working. 

I like the look of that side that plays to our strengths and has a lot of attacking threat 👍

1 hour ago, angieram said:

Not near the ground. Their fanzone serves loads, but it's all meat-free.

Try their vegan sausage rolls - they are very tasty. They do chips. Good beer too.

You might have to have your burger at the services on the way down.

I throught be something for meat eaters.

1 hour ago, angieram said:

Not near the ground. Their fanzone serves loads, but it's all meat-free.

Try their vegan sausage rolls - they are very tasty. They do chips. Good beer too.

You might have to have your burger at the services on the way down.

I don’t think be they will be stopping on this one.

Wildsmith

Smith     Cashin     Forsyth     Roberts

Bird     Hourihane

Knight     Sibley     Barkhuizen

McGoldrick

Subs McGee Chester Rooney White Mendez-Laing Dobbin Collins

Obviously a lot of rotation in that midfield 5, which is exactly what we need. With Chester likely back and Rooney seeing more playing time, I suspect Davies misses out. There is an argument to start Chester and see how long he lasts, rather than bringing him on as a sub.

We need to win, for which we need to create and score. For which we need to start Sibley. Mendez-Laing clearly needs a rest, especially if we want him back and in form and firing on all cylinders for the playoffs.

On 04/04/2023 at 20:04, plymouthram said:

Forest Green Rovers played 3 at the back earlier in the season and when Duncan Ferguson took over at the end of January he switch the formation to a back 4. I think we should switch to a back 3 for this game and have more numbers in midfield to dominate play. Keep the ball on the ground, keep possession and we will be rewarded with goals. Eh we might even get a dodgy penalty in our favour.

Wildsmith

Chester Forsyth Cashin

Knight                                    Smith       Bird                          Roberts

Mendez-Lang                                               Sibley

McGoldrick

Bench-    McGee, Rooney, Hourihane, Barkhuizen, Dobbin, White & Collins

Keep the ball on the floor?

No, you’ve got me there. 

On 05/04/2023 at 21:22, Scrumpyram said:

Ive got tickets in the home end. Was thinking of going to the George Inn before the game - do you know waht the parking is like round there?

My fave is the Prince Albert at the top of the steep climb out of Stroud towards Minchinhampton Common.  Proper pub. Great community vibe. Even featured in a Tom Kerridge 'help the local pub' series.

https://www.theprincealbertstroud.co.uk/