Forest Green Rovers (A) Friday 7th April, 3pm KO

It was all about the win today. We should follow it up with three points again on Monday.

The bigger tests will be Exeter and Bristol Rovers on the road, in the space of four days.

That is where I think we will either make it or not.

The Fleetwood defeat has meant we can’t afford any more slip ups. We need maximum points from our home games remaining, and probably four points from Exeter and Bristol Rovers so that we can go into the final game of the season with it in our hands.

32 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

We win away and he does some of those things, yet there’s still criticism. It wasn’t a great performance but sometimes you have to win ugly,

There's an old saying I think it was Confucius who said it..."at this time of the season performances don't matter it's the points that do" 

R.2c5917f447876116fe17c08419105062?rik=I

21 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

It was all about the win today. We should follow it up with three points again on Monday.

The bigger tests will be Exeter and Bristol Rovers on the road, in the space of four days.

The Fleetwood defeat has meant we can’t afford any more slip ups. We need maximum points from our home games remaining, and probably four points from Exeter and Bristol Rovers so that we can go into the final game of the season with it in our hands.

Bristol are 21st in the home form table but I agree, they will be critical games (as they all are now I guess).

A win on Monday might be enough to see of Portsmouth and Wycombe (5 points behind with only 5 games remaining is a big gap to make up) and it would be good to fill our boots against MK Dons but, it's their home games where the damage has been done. They are ranked 13th for their away record so no pushover.

1 hour ago, kevinhectoring said:

If he were getting the best out of those players, they would be key 

Interested to know what makes White a key player, he's done absolutely nothing of note since been here.

Bird was a key player for us during our good run, I'm sure you're aware he has been injured and not looked up to speed since coming back.

McGoldrick having his best goalscoring season ever by a country mile and has thrown in numerous assists too.

Poor game over all but 3 points was all that mattered, they beat Wednesday and then had a drab 1-0 defeat away at Portsmouth, they’re not great but they weren’t just going to roll over and let us batter them, onto Monday Peterborough looking good so we can’t fall behind 

6 minutes ago, Crewton said:

To those who went - how did Chester do? Did he look like he might be useful to have fit for the run in?

Didn’t go, but watched on Rams TV.  He had a decent game I thought.

1 hour ago, Bris Vegas said:

Well not like in October or November when had whole month of away games.

come on derby are still in it to get promsation.

36 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Interested to know what makes White a key player, he's done absolutely nothing of note since been here.

Bird was a key player for us during our good run, I'm sure you're aware he has been injured and not looked up to speed since coming back.

McGoldrick having his best goalscoring season ever by a country mile and has thrown in numerous assists too.

White has significant promise imo. I think he’d have come on in leaps and bounds if he’d been used as part of a functioning midfield instead of being thrown into aerial bombardment.   His half season with us has probably done him more harm than good   

Yes bird is still coming back from his injury. For me a start and 60 mins today would have benefitted him and the team, to prepare him for the run in   

and of course Didzy is a magician though not always easy to play alongside. He’s cool in front of goal but our dream team possibly has him playing deeper   Dream on ... 

5 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

White has significant promise imo. ...

Yes bird is still coming back from his injury. For me a start and 60 mins today would have benefitted him and the team, to prepare him for the run in  ...

and of course Didzy is a magician though not always easy to play alongside. He’s cool in front of goal but our dream team possibly has him playing deeper   Dream on ... 

White, another Dobbin, for us.

Bird should be playing, we looked better when he came on.

Didzy is in the dream team but definitely not playing deep. 4-3-3.

2 hours ago, jono said:

Diego … oh oh

Diego ..oh oh

He can from this for um

He starts our wining run

Diego … oh oh 

😎

I did toy with he is from Allenton but data protection rules prevented this

He starts our wining run?

Good on you, Diego!! We are not far behind! 🍷🍷

6 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

White, another Dobbin, for us.

Bird should be playing, we looked better when he came on.

Didzy is in the dream team but definitely not playing deep. 4-3-3.

I didn’t see the game Roy so can’t honestly comment but I agree, both White and Dobbin are skilled players who make a difference but there’s a killer element missing. Lots of promise, you can see the positives in so many passages of play but the “next level” button never quite gets pressed. 

Had the pleasure of watching a youth match (not derby) stood next to Phil brown. Talked all things derby, football, coaching pathways, career development and opportunities, scouting.

Take away his disaster as our boss and he was thoroughly decent bloke who gave me time despite me being a relative nobody to him. Very good knowledge of the game. Put it this way, he could name youth players for the club I was working at during that time who most of thst clubs fans wouldn't know.

Edited by KBB