cannable

7 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

Wildsmith

Smith        Cashin     Forsyth       Roberts

Bird

Hourihane           Knight

NML           Mcgoldrick     Barkheuizen

This team can win the playoffs.

Yeah I think this team allows us to cover the deficiencies we have well.

In midfield Bird shields the back four and knits the play together and Knight is the box to box midfielder breaking the lines and getting up beyond McG. 

Then we Barks who has more attacking nouse and can cover that central attacking area when McG vacates it

47 minutes ago, oodledoodle said:

I'm well up for a debate if you're offering. Let me know how "lol black men have a big willy" isn't racist stereotyping. I'll be happy to correct you.

Errr the song doesn’t say “all black men have a big willy”. The song is specifically about NML, and mentions a xcouole of things about him, not black men in general, and it  doesn’t even use the word “black”. 

Apart from that it is racist as hell. 🙄

33 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

We should have had a peno against Bolton away. And we hit the woodwork. But gone a bit pear shaped for us recently. 

Ha, for both of us Pete. We should both have been way further up but recent poor runs have left us both short and allowed the others to make up ground. With the players we both have we should still be able to make top six and once you’re there who knows what can happen? I still think Ipswich might pip Plymouth for the automatics and if the play offs were you, us, Tykes and Plymouth I don’t see anything to fear in that and at least it’s four proper footballing teams without the shytehousery. 🤗

Edited by Warren Blufitt

1 hour ago, AndyB said:

Warne has a 4 year contract, until he has his own players he shouldn’t be judged.

Clowes won’t sack Warne anyway, his recent interview for Marketing Derby talked about 5 years to become an established Championship team.

I’m glad Clowes is the fan in charge of the club and not some of the clowns on here!

Yer but we should be walking the division 

sarcastic-sarcasm.gif

Moaners.. I've got 1 thing to ask, when you lick your windows, do you shut your eyes like you must have done for the last 18 months?

Warne inherited a side passed down to him by someone who built a possession based team. We have zero money for players and have to stay within a strict wage budget. Warne mentioned that we lack a certain cut of player (24-29 year olds) who are at their peak both ability wise and experience.

If he could of signed 4 players of his choice in January, I'm sure he would of. His style of play does not suit some of the players we have Unfortunately, but he's here for the long run. He must be allowed a summer to build a team that suits his style of play, because his way clearly works with the right personnel. 

Yeah it's annoying we're struggling for form, yes Warne could change his tactics, but unfortunately he still has the same 2 strikers. Mcgoldrick is our main threat... other teams know this so they crowed him out when he's close to their box which forces him to come deep. Then we're left to rely on Collins who for me, is not good enough.

You can't press the delete button on Warne, he needs time. It's not his fault, if anything he's done well for getting this close with 8 games to go. He's got to stay and be allowed a summer to build. Judge him in December.

🐏

Edited by SK47

Not seen the game and disappointed like everyone by the result and recent downturn in form. But not surprised. I am surprised we are in the playoff positions and even at one stage were looking at a long shot for the automatic places. With the transfer restrictions we started the season with some young players nobody else wanted, some old players free to a good home and some untried young players other clubs didn’t rate highly enough to have in their squad. And an untried manager. Survival was at best what could be hoped for. 

Fast forward and a new manager with the same players got us hoping but unsurprisingly the lack of depth and quality we had at the start has been exposed.

This team and this manager will give their all in the remaining games but we have to be realistic it may not be enough.

A summer of recruitment with restrictions in place will be equally frustrating and whatever league we are in it will still be a struggle to get to challenge at the top as a result. Hopefully the following season we will be free of restrictions and able to compete, then we should realistically be getting out of this league. In my opinion to achieve this either this season or next will be exceptional. This does not mean I won’t be disappointed if we don’t, or hope we will but that for me is the reality. Look at how long it has taken Ipswich and Wednesday and how long it took Sunderland!

8 minutes ago, SK47 said:

Moaners.. I've got 1 thing to ask, when you lick your windows, do you shut your eyes like you must have done for the last 18 months?

Warne inherited a side passed down to him by someone who built a possession based team. We have zero money for players and have to stay within a strict wage budget. Warne mentioned that we lack a certain cut of player (24-29 year olds) who are at their peak both ability wise and experience.

If he could of signed 4 players of his choice in January, I'm sure he would of. His style of play does not suit some of the players we have Unfortunately, but he's here for the long run. He must be allowed a summer to build a team that suits his style of play, because his way clearly works with the right personnel. 

Yeah it's annoying we're struggling for form, yes Warne could change his tactics, but unfortunately he still has the same 2 strikers. Mcgoldrick is our main threat... other teams know this so they crowed him out when he's close to their box which forces him to come deep. Then we're left to rely on Collins who for me, is not good enough.

You can't press the delete button on Warne, he needs time. It's not his fault, if anything he's done well for getting this close with 8 games to go. He's got to stay and be allowed a summer to build. Judge him in December.

🐏

Well you have to question the wisdom of acquiring a set of players to play possession based football and then appointing Warne? It was a risk and it hasn't paid off. 

I’m not sure what was the most embarrassing. Yet another second half collapse, call for Warne to be sacked if we don’t make the play offs (regardless of how close it may be), the “duck the EFL” song whenever we didn’t get a big decision (regardless of wrong it looked live or in the replays) or the numpties picking an argument with the stewards and police at the right hand side behind the goal (unless they were provoked).

51 minutes ago, oodledoodle said:

Oh so you're not black? Just speaking with authority on what offends black people like me? Colour me absolutely shocked. Shocked I say. Have a nice night out, sorry to have interrupted it by replying every time you reply to me.

Must admit, I'd not heard any quote or Interview from NML on this, but I assume there has been one, with your comments?... or maybe you have had a direct conversation with him?

I appreciate that may almost certainly have been a private conversation, but would you be able to reveal his thoughts on the team mates of his who have publicly announced their enjoyment of the song?  I believe a few have stated that it's their favourite?  No?

I take it dressing room morale is at an all time low because of this?

Of course, I fully understand if you feel the need not to divulge that part of your conversation with Nathaniel .  Fair do's.  

17 minutes ago, DavesaRam said:

Errr the song doesn’t say “all black men have a big willy”. The song is specifically about NML, and mentions a xcouole of things about him, not black men in general, and it  doesn’t even use the word “black”. 

Apart from that it is racist as hell. 🙄

I'm glad you agree with me that applying that stereotype to all black people is unacceptable. So why apply the stereotype singularly to NML? Aren't we meant to be supporting him?

I'm not going to convince anyone here that the song is problematic if they don't already think so. But I'll be happy if I've made anyone think about it for 5 minutes, or how it might affect a player we're meant to be supporting. Or how it might affect black supporters attending games. It's a hard one to have to explain to my kids.

7 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

Out of interest, when does the “you should be happy we still have a club” excuse run out? If we’re still in League One in 5 years time, should we still be using that to excuse managers making the same, obvious mistakes every week?

It’s a fair question.

I think we need a couple of transfer windows where we operate on the same basis as everyone else- i.e. we can actually buy a player or two that suit how we want to play rather than fishing entirely in the loan/freebie market. 

3 minutes ago, oodledoodle said:

I'm glad you agree with me that applying that stereotype to all black people is unacceptable. So why apply the stereotype singularly to NML? Aren't we meant to be supporting him?

I'm not going to convince anyone here that the song is problematic if they don't already think so. But I'll be happy if I've made anyone think about it for 5 minutes, or how it might affect a player we're meant to be supporting. Or how it might affect black supporters attending games. It's a hard one to have to explain to my kids.

Unfortunate turn of phrase in your final sentence.

10 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

Out of interest, when does the “you should be happy we still have a club” excuse run out? If we’re still in League One in 5 years time, should we still be using that to excuse managers making the same, obvious mistakes every week?

Realistically, when we've had a few transfer windows where we've been allowed to sign players as normal. We're still working under restrictions, so with that in mind we're probably doing fine.

18 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

Well you have to question the wisdom of acquiring a set of players to play possession based football and then appointing Warne? It was a risk and it hasn't paid off. 

We're 6th Pete...let us know when the pay off is😁

3 minutes ago, oodledoodle said:

I refer your objections to Mr McGoldrick.  It's his favourite.  I assume that means the player or his team mates probably think it's amusing and aren't arsed.