Peterborough United vs Derby County

cannable

1 hour ago, NottsRam77 said:

The derby county sense of entitlement still running true i see 

u do know sacking managers after less than 1 full season is half the reason we’re in this absolute mess dont u? 

how about we do something totally revolutionary and give one manager a whole season and a couple of unrestricted transfer windows to mould a squad that fits how they want us to play instead of expecting them to turn someone elses players into instant promotion material 

What sort of rational wizardry is this?! 

7 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Warne did do that when he tried and failed with 3 at the back then went on an unbeaten run,

...but just like this is only a small part of your post, formation is only one part of our tactical approach.

The overall approach has been the same throughout, regardless of formations and team selection.

You wouldn't expect it to change vastly from game to game but it still needs to be more nuanced than it currently is.

Edited by Kokosnuss

8 minutes ago, Warren Blufitt said:

Actually you’re kidding yourself if you believe that. Can’t speak for Barnsley and you were far the better team at Pride Park where we were abysmal but at the UniBol we were much the better team but just wasteful in front of goal. You pinched that one but that was a big blow to both of us today, especially after your first half performance. Posh, other than playing Ipswich have a pretty simple run in on paper so if we’re not careful they could pip one of us for that top six spot. We seem to be just coming back to form now that we’re getting our injured players back so hopefully we can push on to consolidate. It’s going to be a tough month looking ahead and I think we both need to accept that it’s going to be a real fight from here on in? 

We should have had a peno against Bolton away. And we hit the woodwork. But gone a bit pear shaped for us recently. 

4 minutes ago, Kokosnuss said:

...but just like this is only a small part of your post, formation is only one part of our tactical approach.

The overall approach has been the same throughout, regardless of formations and team selection.

You wouldn't expect it to change vastly from game to game but it still needs to be more nuanced than it currently is.

I know, hence why I said he isn’t blameless. There is a reluctance/stubbornness/inability to chance tact during games which is hurting us, my point is it’s not as simple as most seem to think. It’s multifaceted, some of that is Warne, some of it is the recruitment restrictions, some of it is the squad, some of it is the opposition etc etc.

It’s frustrating and disappointing to be in this poor form, but the world and the club won’t end if we don’t go up this season and people should in my opinion look to keep that perspective. Plus…. we still COULD! 

4 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

Wildsmith

Smith        Cashin     Forsyth       Roberts

Bird

Hourihane           Knight

NML           Mcgoldrick     Barkheuizen

This team can win the playoffs.

If fit! Hopefully we can scrape in and save enough for the big 3 games!

5 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

When is a sensible time for that to happen? For me it’s a little while longer  yet. 

Personally, I think we passed it a few months ago and now it just comes across as a weak deflection against any criticism towards the club.

Edited by lrm14

28 minutes ago, The_Sheriff said:

South stand dont always make the best songs.   With that said it is the south stand creating an atmosphere which contributes to us being strong at home!

Nothing racial though hense the cashin song and martin song

Just a lack of imagination then? 😂

Just now, lrm14 said:

Personally, I think we passed it a few months ago and now it just comes across as a weak deflection against any criticism towards the club.

It’s not a weak deflection against criticism of the club, the squad and the manager aren’t performing currently, hence the losses. 
I just don’t get how people can’t see the reality of the situation compared to other clubs in the league. It’s not an excuse, it’s context as to why we’re not quite where we all want us to be. The club nearly went bust, we lost a large number of players, recruited under restrictions in the summer and couldn’t add to the squad with much quality in January, the management team changed after the recruitment drive, and we don’t have the depth or balance in the squad that other teams do. Those are facts that relate to our current overall situation. If after another summer’s recruitment things still aren’t right that’s maybe when I’ll really start to ask questions.

I respect other people’s right to do so now, even if I don’t agree with it or understand why given the facts.

47 minutes ago, alram said:

completely agree, clowes has huge credit in the bank.

but it does not mean i wont ignore questionable decisions. at some point we will have to move on from at least we have a team to support

Think we should leave that till next season or the season after when weve not got any restrictions on the club, at the end of the day this season was always going to be hard no matter who was manager, but i respect your view.

Just now, Caerphilly Ram said:

It’s not a weak deflection against criticism of the club, the squad and the manager aren’t performing currently, hence the losses. 
I just don’t get how people can’t see the reality of the situation compared to other clubs in the league. It’s not an excuse, it’s context as to why we’re not quite where we all want us to be. The club nearly went bust, we lost a large number of players, recruited under restrictions in the summer and couldn’t add to the squad with much quality in January, the management team changed after the recruitment drive, and we don’t have the depth or balance in the squad that other teams do. Those are facts that relate to our current overall situation. If after another summer’s recruitment things still aren’t right that’s maybe when I’ll really start to ask questions.

I respect other people’s right to do so now, even if I don’t agree with it or understand why given the facts.

I understand all of that and I agree with what you've said. I just don't like the whole 'well at least we've got a club!' defence because it is usually used to shut down criticism rather than illustrate the valid points you've made.

My only concern with Warne at the moment is his inability to adjust tactically ingame and his suspect line-ups at times. As you say though, the time to be worried is if things are still pearshaped during next season when he brings his own players in.

1 minute ago, lrm14 said:

I understand all of that and I agree with what you've said. I just don't like the whole 'well at least we've got a club!' defence because it is usually used to shut down criticism rather than illustrate the valid points you've made.

My only concern with Warne at the moment is his inability to adjust tactically ingame and his suspect line-ups at times. As you say though, the time to be worried is if things are still pearshaped during next season when he brings his own players in.

I’m still desperate for us to go up this season, already sounded my mate out for a place to stay in London for a certain date in May….maybe I jinxed us 🤔 

I thought first half he’d got it right today, everything seemed to be there but the goals, but then second half the same thing happened that keeps happening which is unbelievably disappointing. Just not sure what the answer is with the options we have. I’d almost like to see us back to the days of the poison dwarf, stubborn to breakdown and just sh*thouse our way to 1-0 wins so we stand a chance in the playoffs.