V Plymouth (a) 7th March 20.00

Boycie

34 minutes ago, pafcprogs said:

Greetings from an exiled Green

First of all I wanted to thank those Rams who responded to the appeal on behalf of Jayden Lamerton, the young Argyle and Liverpool fan diagnosed with a brain tumour earlier this year.

Along with fans from many League One clubs rivalries were set aside and the target to help this young man and his family was reached and still receives donations to this day....almost 70K raised ....so thank you.

So safe travels to the hardy Rams that make it down to HP. Should be a good game....and obviously hoping to maintain our somewhat spectacular home form ....

I write a (for this season) regular match preview called One Game at a Time. It is an unashamedly biased review of the past game and look at upcoming opponents....written from the Green perspective but so far not had too many away fans get very upset, and all tongue in cheek. Any inaccuracies I am happy to correct ...the jokes are staying though...

Here is the link, just in case you are bored on a long train/coach car journey westwards. The previous efforts are in a little library of their own if you want to go back over the home match preview/review although I'll understand if that's not something you'll be  rushing to do. Pasoti is very away visitor friendly as long as not too lairy) and we have a couple of regular contributors from our tractor driving and owl loving friends in the automatic chase.

All the best for the season after tonight...especially on the final match day ? and when you come up against Yipswich.

Happy to pop along for the post mortem either way...

Here's the link to the article and also to Jaydens Gofundme.

https://pasoti.co.uk/threads/one-game-at-a-time-graze-athletic-h-march-7th.122114/

https://www.gofundme.com/f/jaydens-dreams-come-true-through-his-dipg-journey?utm_campaign=p_lico+share-sheet&utm_medium=copy_link&utm_source=customer

"Manager Warne, who is taking a small break from his burgeoning bobble hat and podcast empire to be at the game, brings a side that has the least away wins of any side in League One promotion race."

"Missing, in all probability, will be the latest additions to the Derby fan club, Fernando Battilon and his family, who adopted the club after playing them in Fifa 23 career mode because they liked the club badge....The Spanish are not that keen on visiting Plymouth since around July 1588!"

Now that is good comedic writing,,,,,,??

I'm taking the young lad (he's 5) to his first Derby game tonight and I'd love for him to get a photo with some of the players like I used to when I was a kid. Does anyone know if this is possible for away games and if so, what time shall we be there at the ground?

Thanks! 

COYRRRRR 

???

Edited by SK47

8 minutes ago, sage said:

I go to Plymouth a lot as I have friends nearby 

The best pub I've found by a mile is The Fisherman's Arms, just off the Barbican. 

I’ll be avoiding that particular establishment then. ??

1 hour ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

"Manager Warne, who is taking a small break from his burgeoning bobble hat and podcast empire to be at the game, brings a side that has the least away wins of any side in League One promotion race."

"Missing, in all probability, will be the latest additions to the Derby fan club, Fernando Battilon and his family, who adopted the club after playing them in Fifa 23 career mode because they liked the club badge....The Spanish are not that keen on visiting Plymouth since around July 1588!"

Now that is good comedic writing,,,,,,??

You are very kind....

Safe journey to all the Rams going down there. Let's hope the journey back is a good one. don't wanna jinx it by saying anymore.

I'll be watching it at a friends who's a massive Manu fan . But she's got a massive telly too . lol 

19 hours ago, Foreveram said:

Thanks, we are staying with my sister. Just finished 5th in the quiz at the Elburton inn.

Just randomly found this review on Tripadvisor:-

I booked a table at the Elburton Inn for myself and my 11 year old. We sat in the conservatory which was, to be honest, minging! The windows were filthy and had condensation. The floor was dirty and the table sticky! I ordered a salad and my daughter had nuggets. The nuggets were over crispy and tasted awful. We have been put off eating here so wont be going back.

8 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

Very sophisticated. Seems a while since we had a proper instalment of your Escape to the Away End guide. Fingers crossed for later 

My sister is dropping me off and picking me up after the match and is at work in the morning so there won’t be any late night celebrations/ commiserations.