V Plymouth (a) 7th March 20.00

Boycie

5 hours ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

"Manager Warne, who is taking a small break from his burgeoning bobble hat and podcast empire to be at the game, brings a side that has the least away wins of any side in League One promotion race."

"Missing, in all probability, will be the latest additions to the Derby fan club, Fernando Battilon and his family, who adopted the club after playing them in Fifa 23 career mode because they liked the club badge....The Spanish are not that keen on visiting Plymouth since around July 1588!"

Now that is good comedic writing,,,,,,??

It is, but the sentence structure/tenses need some tweaking. I’d prefer “the Spanish have not been keen on visiting Plymouth since ” .. I am no grammar police but “are” and “since” is a mess ! just doesn’t work. 

Anyway, love having visitors on the forum, especially those with wit and humour. Life and death it may be, but this is sport and waggish banter is part of the game ?

5 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

Shame to see Smith return to RB, he’s done well at RB, but he looked very good in midfield on Sat, he added much needed balance!

I disagree. Smith at RB plus White in midfield is better than Rooney at RB and Smith in midfield. Warne has obviously reached that conclusion too.

12 minutes ago, OohMartWright said:

I disagree. Smith at RB plus White in midfield is better than Rooney at RB and Smith in midfield. 

You make it sound like those are the only two options. There are plenty of options that involve Smith and White in midfield. Sadly Warne doesn’t favour them 

We are in danger of being overrun in midfield yet again   Yet again