Craig Forsyth - served 10 years

IslandExile

• 5 months later...

Dug this old thread out, just to say well done to Fozzy.

I remember seeing him flying down the left and whipping in some terrifying crosses and thinking he was some player.

Then I saw him being given a lesson at home against Wolves and thought he was finished, likewise with the three ligament injuries.

But then he reinvents himself as a CD when needs must, with the signings of Nelson, Bradley and Elder I thought his days would be number.

But no Fozzy has re reinvented himself as a LB again and is keeping people out - assisting and scoring.

What an absolute legend, what a club man

1 hour ago, Dethorn said:

Dug this old thread out, just to say well done to Fozzy.

I remember seeing him flying down the left and whipping in some terrifying crosses and thinking he was some player.

Then I saw him being given a lesson at home against Wolves and thought he was finished, likewise with the three ligament injuries.

But then he reinvents himself as a CD when needs must, with the signings of Nelson, Bradley and Elder I thought his days would be number.

But no Fozzy has re reinvented himself as a LB again and is keeping people out - assisting and scoring.

What an absolute legend, what a club man

£150,000 is about our best value signings - anyway what about £3 million for Scott Malone anybody on transfer deadline day - just makes the point about using what we already have.

9 hours ago, Sparkle said:

£150,000 is about our best value signings - anyway what about £3 million for Scott Malone anybody on transfer deadline day - just makes the point about using what we already have.

To be fair, Marcus Olsson had just done his ACL and Fozzy hadn’t looked himself after his second (and would go on to do his third shortly after)

Nigel’s best signing, and I’m not saying that to bait the Chris Martin fans.

Martin’s goals gave us a couple of fantastic seasons, Forsyth played his part in that team as well.

After the ACL’s and still playing his part now, not just a long service testimonial gesture is great to see. Would anyone be disappointed to see him get another year deal? 

One of those players you want to see the club give him some kind of job for life.

20 minutes ago, David said:

Martin’s goals gave us a couple of fantastic seasons, Forsyth played his part in that team as well.

After the ACL’s and still playing his part now, not just a long service testimonial gesture is great to see. Would anyone be disappointed to see him get another year deal? 

One of those players you want to see the club give him some kind of job for life.

Only 20 apps and he'll have made more appearances than any other player for 36 years! 17 away from being in the all time top 20.

4 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Only 20 apps and he'll have made more appearances than any other player for 36 years! 17 away from being in the all time top 20.

Would I be correct in saying he’s never received a straight red card? 

40 minutes ago, David said:

A worthy recipient of The Guthrie Magic Sponge?

31 minutes ago, David said:

Would I be correct in saying he’s never received a straight red card? 

Didn't he nearly get one for stamping on a Forest player?

Edited by sage