Craig Forsyth - served 10 years

IslandExile

30 minutes ago, PrideParkhead said:

I'm flabbergasted he's been given another year. Absolutely ridiculous decision. Incredible lack of ambition from Derby. The bloke's a serial loser. He was the weakest link in the 2014 Play-Off final team & he's still here. No wonder we never achieve anything 🙈

Is the worst post of the season 22/23 award still open or does this abomination set an early bar for 23/24?

Edited by Needlesh

1 minute ago, Papahet said:

Current side vs 2013 era would be a great testimonial 

You would get keogh, buxton, bryson, hughes, hendrick, ward, martin, russell, dawkins, thorne ( 5 mins ) many som I have overlooked. 

41 minutes ago, PrideParkhead said:

I'm flabbergasted he's been given another year. Absolutely ridiculous decision. Incredible lack of ambition from Derby. The bloke's a serial loser. He was the weakest link in the 2014 Play-Off final team & he's still here. No wonder we never achieve anything 🙈

Forsyth played well for large chunks of the most recent season, what’s gone on prior to this year isn’t exactly relevant. 
We’ve released several other experienced players and as a long serving player at the club it makes sense to keep him around to provide a bit of stability and continuity within the dressing room. He’s not necessarily going to be first choice but he will be a steady hand to help at times and will potentially end up club captain. 

50 minutes ago, PrideParkhead said:

Completely disagree, in each and every respect.

1 hour ago, PrideParkhead said:

Almost every word of that post is total nonsense.

30 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Love Fozzy and will attend his testimonial if I'm around, but I'm not a huge fan of this. Would rather have kept Davies if he was keen to stick around.

Davies legs seemed to have gone, was very hard watching him play at times.

fozzy surprised with how well he played at right centre back, well worth another year for me. Think was better than cashin after Christmas for a couple of months.

1 hour ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Love Fozzy and will attend his testimonial if I'm around, but I'm not a huge fan of this. Would rather have kept Davies if he was keen to stick around.

I suspect it’s as simple as Forsyth can play the wider centre half positions in a back 3, where as Davies really can’t.  Plus he can still play as a fullback if needs be.  If we’re playing a back 3 then Forsyth is versatile cover for pretty much the whole backline, Davies is only really emergency cover for the central spot.

With releasing 3 centre backs this make sense when you factor in our preferred formation of a back 3. Has reinvented himself several times in his time here, offers experience, a bit of versatility as although I doubt he'd last 90 as a wing back, but either Left back in a 4 or left side of a 3 are both options and probably by next year would have been ahead of the 3 we've let go. 

With our budget we still need to be careful, so we dont want to be needing to get more players in than necessary, if we had Cashin, and Rooney that would be 4 CBs needed, in my view. Perhaps its 3 now.

2 hours ago, PrideParkhead said:

Having looked at some of your previous strange mutterings I'm guessing you're a wummer. If not, you seriously need to give your head a wobble and if that doesn't sort things out, seek treatment - and sooner the better.