Craig Forsyth - served 10 years

IslandExile

4 hours ago, The_Sheriff said:

It has been announced its against stoke.  Basically a pre season game which they are labelling for forsyth testimonial. 

If you read the interview Forsyth gave to the DET it’s basically his testimonial fitting into the club’s pre-season schedule.
The club provide the stadium, Forsyth and his testimonial committee chose the opposition and the dates. He explains it would have been a challenge fitting it in at any other stage in the season because of the lack of international breaks due to the club being in league one, so pre-season makes sense. He also explained that as nice as it would be to get a side of his former teammates together it is a logistical challenge as a number of them are still actively playing football and therefore have commitments to their clubs given the committee has chosen pre-season for the fixture. 
He said there may be other activities to mark the occasion such as a golf day and that his friends and family will be in attendance.
Essentially if Forsyth is happy with the arrangement and it serves the dual benefit of being a pre-season game for the side providing the fans a chance to support both him and the team then I really don’t get the backlash aimed at the club there’s been on social media and from some on here. 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

2 hours ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

If you read the interview Forsyth gave to the DET it’s basically his testimonial fitting into the club’s pre-season schedule.
The club provide the stadium, Forsyth and his testimonial committee chose the opposition and the dates. He explains it would have been a challenge fitting it in at any other stage in the season because of the lack of international breaks due to the club being in league one, so pre-season makes sense. He also explained that as nice as it would be to get a side of his former teammates together it is a logistical challenge as a number of them are still actively playing football and therefore have commitments to their clubs given the committee has chosen pre-season for the fixture. 
He said there may be other activities to mark the occasion such as a golf day and that his friends and family will be in attendance.
Essentially if Forsyth is happy with the arrangement and it serves the dual benefit of being a pre-season game for the side providing the fans a chance to support both him and the team then I really don’t get the backlash aimed at the club there’s been on social media and from some on here. 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

I think some people are just a bit disappointed that it's not going to be a typical testimonial in that we won't get to see any ex players on the pitch.

21 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

I think some people are just a bit disappointed that it's not going to be a typical testimonial in that we won't get to see any ex players on the pitch.

I accept the disappointment people feel around not seeing Chris Martin strut his stuff on the Pride Park pitch once more, however I keep seeing  people aiming criticism at the club when all evidence suggests it’s not the club’s decision who the opponent is or when the match is played.
The rest of the club’s pre-season schedule hasn’t been confirmed, there might be another home friendly involving a more glamorous side than Stoke. 

5 hours ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

I accept the disappointment people feel around not seeing Chris Martin strut his stuff on the Pride Park pitch once more, however I keep seeing  people aiming criticism at the club when all evidence suggests it’s not the club’s decision who the opponent is or when the match is played.
The rest of the club’s pre-season schedule hasn’t been confirmed, there might be another home friendly involving a more glamorous side than Stoke. 

Martin made me piss during Shaun Barker’s testimonial 😂

Properly got it 

• 1 month later...
10 hours ago, David said:

But just for the record, this is for Forsyth.

Still don't agree with merging a testimonial with a pre season friendly.

IMG_1888.jpeg

I've bullied @Boycie into joining us as well so that's another.

Few pints in some Belper dive pre match then on to the home of football.