V Cheltenham (H) 19.45 28th February

Boycie

8 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Knight in the midfield two was with Collins and McGoldrick up front.
Knight at AM means he presses from the front. Knight at CM means he drives forward with the ball from a deeper position - something none of our other CMs can do.
With Knight AND Sibley in the midfield, you suddenly have 2 players who are willing to drive forward with the ball. More defenders being dragged out of position and more space for our forwards/wingers.

Exactly this.

Star Trek Agree GIF by KiwiGo (KGO)

Having two midfield players driving forward with the ball, as well as wingers and a striker, gives us the threat and balance without having to somehow play a second striker. We become hugely more difficult to contain. Go, Rams, go!

Wildsmith
Rooney  Davies  Cashin  Roberts
             Smith  Hourihane
  Mendez-Laing  Sibley  Knight
                 McGoldrick

Subs: McGee, Forsyth, Barkhuizen, Collins, Dobbin, Springett, White

Will keep suggesting Sibbo there until I see it... 

COYR ?

48 minutes ago, Black ('n' White) Sheep said:

Wildsmith
Rooney  Davies  Cashin  Roberts
             Smith  Hourihane
  Mendez-Laing  Sibley  Knight
                 McGoldrick

Subs: McGee, Forsyth, Barkhuizen, Collins, Dobbin, Springett, White

Will keep suggesting Sibbo there until I see it... 

COYR ?

Knight out wide just doesn’t look right ?

25 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

96% of Rams fans are predicting a win of between 3-0 to 7-0 tonight. And so we should . A combination of “reaction to getting beat” and playing one of the bottom 6 dross , should make it happen. Cheltenham players are stealing a living at £2,000 a week . Didzy , fill your boots.

Are you getting that stat from the prediction thread on this forum? If so I’m not sure you’re correct. Yes, 96% (out of massive 54 of our fan base that has voted) are predicting a win but I can’t see where 96% are predicting a 3 goal or more margin. Reading the comments less than half are predicting such a comfortable win. 

They got thumped by Portsmouth and Barnsley but also took Plymouth to penalties away from home in the semi final of the EFL trophy and only went down 1:0 at Bolton. They could be a tougher nut to crack than some may think unless we can net a couple of early goals as Portsmouth and Barnsley did.

2 hours ago, DavesaRam said:

Might struggle to het back in time for this one. I am delivering to Lancaster, but trouble with the hgv meant I was 3 hours late setting off. Will try my best! ?

I am beginning to feel like the guy who said “My wife’s just left me because I am so insecure …………….. oh, no, she’s just been and made me a cup of tea”,  because it looks like I should get back after all, but only just! ???

22 hours ago, Poynton ram said:

Travelling across from Sheffield where my lads at Uni. Suspect Cheltenham won’t bring many mid week so am expecting a gate of 25k max. B4 what do you reckon?

They won’t be bringing many if they’re driving M5 to M6 and across - it’s shut in both directions.