V Cheltenham (H) 19.45 28th February

Boycie

1 minute ago, PistoldPete said:

Strange by Warne to play Sibley at Barnsley but not tonight. Cannot work his team selections out always seem wrong way round.

I suspect after losing 4-1 he wants to get back to being solid at the back. Roberts is the more natural defender, Dobbin carries the threat with his pace, and a couple of them had to pay the price for the overall poor performance. 

10 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

Strange by Warne to play Sibley at Barnsley but not tonight. Cannot work his team selections out always seem wrong way round.

Agree with the Sibley part but I guess he’s wanting to keep us tight at the back. Which is odd when we’re at home to Cheltenham.

My main point of contest would be that Springett appears unlucky not to start.

Need to win this I think. Us and Cheltenham over the past 4 games have the same record so it might be tighter than some think. I thought against Lincoln we were a bit dodgy as we were against Morecambe in the first half. You'd hope we'd win in a convincing fashion but am not sure I'd be so certain tonight. 

female ref??????

Completely politically incorrect, but have to say I don't like this...however, seeing the standard of male ref's in L1 recently. I can't complain as long as she does a good job. Who knows, potentially could be the best ref we have all season...not that we get all the decisions but if she ref's the game well

ref stopped that corner happening quickly, pushing/shoving. 99% of other ref's let that go and see the result? correct decision to break up play I'm not sure

However could be the way forward, how often do we see nothing done when it's clear fouls are being committed in the buildup before the ball is played?

Edited by DerbyRam!

3 minutes ago, DerbyRam! said:

ref stopped that corner happening quickly, pushing/shoving. 99% of other ref's let that go and see the result? correct decision to break up play I'm not sure

However could be the way forward, how often do we see nothing done when it's clear fouls are being committed in the buildup before the ball is played?

Roberts and their player were shoving one another about right in front of the keeper, no issues with the ref addressing it in my opinion and it’s something you see most weekends.