For the love of god STOP

IlsonDerby

22 hours ago, IlsonDerby said:

Singing about players’ nobs. 

It isn’t funny, it’s so so weird and I’m pretty sure the players don’t find it amusing either. 

For the love of god, stop being such a fun sponge. Supporting a team is not only about being serious and 'getting behind the team' with 'healthy' songs, but it's supposed to be a bit fun and irreverent. For a start the song isn't really about his nob, if it was I'd probably agree it's a bit odd, but it's about the player as a whole. It's a really catchy tune, is slightly cheeky and actually what we do know is 2 of the players do like the song. If you don't like it don't join in but not sure what your issue is. 

Haven’t been to pps this season, so not heard this song. How does it go please?

In the last game I went to (away at Ipswich), the player song I heard was about osula. I’ve no idea the tune or words but seem to end with a a booming “OSULA”. I guess it was a bit different at least!

12 minutes ago, BobdeBilder said:

On the subject of songs, can we not sing "21 points" every five minutes. It's getting extremely tedious and even the Charlton fans were singing "You've only got one song."

I love it still tbh. The only song that gets the majority of the crowd singing along. Needs to be kept going strong for when Rick Parry hands over that trophy at Wembley. 

7 minutes ago, Steve How Hard? said:

I love it still tbh. The only song that gets the majority of the crowd singing along. Needs to be kept going strong for when Rick Parry hands over that trophy at Wembley. 

Was pleased to hear that Trevor Birch was at the match on Saturday so he got a good few renditions of it!

5 hours ago, BobdeBilder said:

On the subject of songs, can we not sing "21 points" every five minutes. It's getting extremely tedious and even the Charlton fans were singing "You've only got one song."

Nah! Sing it loud, sing it proud, never forget and never forgive. It's an indelible part of the club's history now.

As for the Charlton fans, I guess they had to amuse themselves one way or t'other. They were probably celebrating the fact they weren't on the end of the 5-0 dicking they should have been. Couldn't hear them anyway, to be honest. Were they singing in mime?

On 18/02/2023 at 20:19, IlsonDerby said:

Singing about players’ nobs. 

It isn’t funny, it’s so so weird and I’m pretty sure the players don’t find it amusing either. 

Cashin was pissing himself when it was sung at Mansfield on the cup, to be fair…