Man City charged (again) over FFP

sage

It'll be (vaguely) interesting to know whether these are the same charges that UEFA charged them on, banned them from European competition for a couple of years (never enacted) which was then overturned in CAS. Or something new.

My guess would be that they're broadly the same and that the outcome, nothing, will be the same with lawyers the only winners

Interesting that Chelsea found an amortisation loophole that UEFA closed down with no retrospective action.  Pity the EFL didn't treat us with the same level of fairness

If the allegations are correct, and 100 breaches of regulations are proven, this should be automatic relegation, maybe 2 or 3 divisions - won’t happen but if Derby are docked 9 points for the accountancy issue surely proportionally this should mean expulsion or a few relegations? Unbelievable. And yes Premier League is a different entity but it’s really unfair. It’s essentially a super league already. 

If proven Sky Sports reporting they could expelled from the league. Is this why Chelsea have started giving out 8 year contracts to spread transfer fees over a longer period 

If they get relegated, like Juventus did a few years ago, that would be at the detriment of a club further down the pyramid. 

So city have breached FFP with over 100 instances and allegedly didn’t cooperate with the investigators and evidence  about concealing money.

let’s see how fair the system is in football now.

so if derby got -21 for 4-5 breaches city has 146 so what’s that guys.

A) -30-40 points at least 

B) relegation to championship 

C) what I’m expecting two season transfer ban and a large fine ?

Man City generate far too much in revenue for the Premier League to expell them down to the EFL. They need to think of their shareholders.... ?

Transfer ban, points deducted or a fine won't touch a team like Man City with all their resources. 

For the sake of fairness they should have the Juventus treatment and drop down a couple of divisions. They shouldn't be getting away with this level of cheating. But it won't happen as the Premier League haven't got the bottle. The only way I can see any serious action taking place is if the other teams in their league (de ja vu) join together to complain to the authorities that this is cheating. 

The Premier League couldn't care less about fairness. They'd keep the 20 teams, franchise it all and stop relegations if they could. 

Edited by SSD

I'll believe it when I see it in terms of City actually facing any meaningful punishment.

Whilst I have no particular love for City, I can't help but feel that the real reason for FFP is laid bare with all the fans of rival teams salivating at the prospect of sanctions. FFP has bugger all to do with fairness and everything to do with maintaining the current status quo at the top of the European game. Spending and wages are still wildly out of control and football is extremely expensive for the average fan, this will remain exactly the same even if the current boogie man (City) is hammered with the most serious sanctions.

I'll be gutted if City get relegated two divisions.

I've been dreaming of playing them in the league for years, and it would be typical of my lousy luck that as soon as we end up in the same league again, we go and get bloody promoted! ?

#yetanotherdreamshattered.

?