Man City charged (again) over FFP

sage

Complete non story as others have alluded to whatever punishment they get won’t really be a punishment. 

Fine - they’ll pay it with ease.

points deduction - they’ll just come back with a vengeance next season. 

Strip them of their titles - Who would they give them too? 

Transfer ban - Probably the most harmful but they’d still finish top 4. 

FFP is a waste of time and hasn’t helped anything or anyone. I’d love to see a wage/transfer cap put in place but you’d have to make every division in the world agree to it so that’s a non starter. Then as David stated there will be ways around the cap. 

In some respects I’m not against the super league if it means English football can take stock and come up with a way to make things fairer.

It'll be a fine and a transfer ban for a year no doubt.

I can't see the Premier League doing anything drastic. The whole concept of creating the Premier League was intended to favour the richest clubs and the middle-managers who run the PL know who is really in charge.

4 hours ago, David said:

Is this the right place where we can stick Grealish in the same bin as Bamford?

I wouldn't have him at any club outside the Championship, Pep had his pants take down, turned inside out and stretched over his head.

He seems a bit off a knob but he's certainly better than championship standard .  Without him Villa don't go up and then stay up.  I wouldn't say any players worth 100 million.  

On 12/02/2023 at 17:58, David said:

Is this the right place where we can stick Grealish in the same bin as Bamford?

I wouldn't have him at any club outside the Championship, Pep had his pants take down, turned inside out and stretched over his head.

I hope you’re joking! If not, a ridiculous statement!

Grealish is a very good player. Not worth the money they paid, but a very good player. I also like that he doesn’t come out with typical footballer sound bites in interviews. Seems a decent bloke. 

On 17/02/2023 at 19:18, enachops said:

I hope you’re joking! If not, a ridiculous statement!

Grealish is a very good player. Not worth the money they paid, but a very good player. I also like that he doesn’t come out with typical footballer sound bites in interviews. Seems a decent bloke. 

I can hand on heart with no tongue in cheek say, I do not rate Grealish. 

Not for the level Man City are at, and I would not have took him to the World Cup. Sancho every day of the week over him.

If I was looking for a player bottom half of the Prem, top half of Championship I would consider him, however a clause would be inserted into his contract where he would be fined his weeks wages if he went down with minor contact.

One of the most frustrating players to watch, and this wearing kids shin pads with socks barely past his ankles doesn't do him any favours at all.

9 minutes ago, David said:

I can hand on heart with no tongue in cheek say, I do not rate Grealish. 

Not for the level Man City are at, and I would not have took him to the World Cup. Sancho every day of the week over him.

If I was looking for a player bottom half of the Prem, top half of Championship I would consider him, however a clause would be inserted into his contract where he would be fined his weeks wages if he went down with minor contact.

One of the most frustrating players to watch, and this wearing kids shin pads with socks barely past his ankles doesn't do him any favours at all.

He is a top level version of Simon Dawkins. Brilliant control, passing ability, vision and all seems effortless.

But as a wide forward, you expect goals from him. And he isn’t that player, so he gets criticized and dubbed overrated.

He is better than Sancho in pretty much every aspect of the game except pace, assists and goals.

And it’s those 3 traits which makes Sancho look like a better player on paper (or the eyes of fans who are all about the end product and not about the build-up or general play).

I can see why people think Grealish is overrated. But he plays an important role, just as Simon Dawkins did.

I will add though that City didn’t need Grealish. They get their build-up through KDB, Silva and Rodri. They don’t need an extra controlling player and they were probably better off with Sterling scoring regularly from 2 yards out than Grealish linking play up.

Balance is not right.

7 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

I will add though that City didn’t need Grealish. They get their build-up through KDB, Silva and Rodri. They don’t need an extra controlling player and they were probably better off with Sterling scoring regularly from 2 yards out than Grealish linking play up.

Balance is not right.

Didn’t need Phillips either.

Can see why both players wanted the move, they will have success in terms of trophies and the money won’t be bad either, minutes on the pitch though will be limited. 

Wouldn’t be surprised to see both leave in the summer. 

5 minutes ago, David said:

Didn’t need Phillips either.

Satisfies one of the home-grown spots needed though. City probably never want a situation where he is a starter but he's good enough cover whilst also ticking some of the administrative boxes for PL squads. 

Probably something similar for the CL.