Only One Auto to play For.....Apparently.

Eatonram

10 minutes ago, walkleyowl said:

You haven't made any ground up on us.

Technically speaking, although we haven't gained any points in the last 6 games, we have improved our goal difference by 2 in that time. If we were to gain those 8 points on you, that 6 goal difference would likely be reduced right down and those 2 goals could prove to be crucial.

At this moment in time, I would be happy for your players to be hungover from celebrating the title, if it meant that we got a comfortable result to clinch promotion, that would be some joint lap of honour at the end of the game.

26 minutes ago, walkleyowl said:

No we haven't. It's a funny division with a lot of very limited teams, so a form team can get on a mad run and boy are our sides on a run. I think we've given you too big of a start, but on what I've seen so far your mob and ours are the pick of the division. I said three weeks ago that I thought you'd run away with it and our hope was top catch Plymouth. Thanks for helping out with that plan yesterday...hopefully see you lads back in the Championship next year however it pans out. 

1 hour ago, walkleyowl said:

Lots of us on the forum have been pointing that out. I saw I'd even been quoted from here on OwlTalk saying as much! Two sides on nearly equal extraordinary runs at the same time is amazing and it will be interesting to see who blinks first. But we have made up points on both Ipswich and Plymouth and if we can carry that on and finish second to you and get out of this league with all our restrictions at the first time of asking, I'm pretty sure no one on here will care a jot. Promotion is all that matters.

8 hours ago, alexxxxx said:

I've got a horrible horrible feeling we will have to beat the wendies on the final day to get promoted 

Given where we’ve come from, and given the overall vibes from our fans at the start of the season, I wouldn’t describe such a scenario as a “ horrible feeling”. 
Quite the opposite in fact. Personally, I’d be delighted. 
?

I want Wednesday to keep winning. I'm playing for second. Every week I look for Plymouth and Ipswich scores now - those teams are faltering.

And if something comes down to the last game of the season, then let Wednesday win the league before that game. It'll make it slightly easier for us IMO. It's probably the best time to play them.

3 minutes ago, rammieib said:

I want Wednesday to keep winning. I'm playing for second. Every week I look for Plymouth and Ipswich scores now - those teams are faltering.

And if something comes down to the last game of the season, then let Wednesday win the league before that game. It'll make it slightly easier for us IMO. It's probably the best time to play them.

Don't know if they've got anyone still there from when we basically relegated them the other year during covid, but imagine their fans won't have forgotten if it does get to that last game of the season.

All that said, if we put ourselves in the position of being in with a shot on the last game of the season then we will have done brilliantly.

Just now, Gerry Daly said:

I’d like to play Wednesday on the last day to decide who wins the championship, both sides having already been promoted. I think that would be good. Might well happen too!

It’s hard to catch up when there are so many poor sides at this stage of the season as it’s difficult not to win for those who currently have a healthy points lead - all we can do is win our games and see what happens with the others 

12 minutes ago, Srg said:

Don't know if they've got anyone still there from when we basically relegated them the other year during covid, but imagine their fans won't have forgotten if it does get to that last game of the season.

All that said, if we put ourselves in the position of being in with a shot on the last game of the season then we will have done brilliantly.

Darren Moore and Barry Bannon are certainly still there. 

12 hours ago, alexxxxx said:

I've got a horrible horrible feeling we will have to beat the wendies on the final day to get promoted 

might not be so awful. Wendies, already up and in party mood with nothing to pay for vs a derby team desperate for the win. could be worse.