Only One Auto to play For.....Apparently.

Eatonram

13 hours ago, David said:

If you take the world as it is today, repeat it how many ever times, you are predicting that the same circumstances will occur which simply doesn't happen.

As you say, if Bolton won the league, something would have happened elsewhere, it's that something which is football, it's not a number, a stat, it's the performance levels of athletes with so many variables in their lives that it's literally impossible to stick a percentage chance on that holds any kind of worth.

Except such models make no assumptions regarding 'same circumstances' or the like. That's just not how they work. 

Also, by your logic, bookies could not exist. They make their money on the fact that you actually can stick a probability onto outcomes occurring. 

13 minutes ago, Albert said:

Except such models make no assumptions regarding 'same circumstances' or the like. That's just not how they work. 

Also, by your logic, bookies could not exist. They make their money on the fact that you actually can stick a probability onto outcomes occurring. 

Nearly. They make their money from people who think you can stick a probability on to outcomes.

11 hours ago, i-Ram said:
11 hours ago, walkleyowl said:

You haven't made any ground up on us.

I do feel sorry for you. Surely you must have some friends or family you can communicate with? Try getting out of your bedroom, Walkley seems like a good place to start to getting a life.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walkley

i-Ram please try to show a little empathy and understanding about Walkley's current situation. He is excitedly going through the expectation and hope that something that he and his fellow Owl supporters (except the very oldest) have not experienced in their football-watching lifetimes might actually happen. That is that Sheffield Wednesday might finally become champions of an English Football League division, a feat they have not managed since they won the old Second Division in 1958-59.

Meanwhile, in the football bastion of Derby, home of the famous founder members of the EFL, since 1969, we have twice been champions of the second tier and twice Champions of England. We fully understand, better than most, what Walkley is missing. He lives in hope that finally this season he will lose his 'Champions' virginity.

His frustration is aggravated by the fact that in the intervening years, he has had to look up in awe at his near neighbours, Sheffield United (twice), Rotherham (twice), Doncaster Rovers (four times) and Chesterfield (four times) becoming champions of an EFL division. It is enough to give any self-respecting football supporter an inferiority complex.

Having been on this forum every day in the past few weeks, he may well be going to bed each night nervously screaming "You haven't made any ground up on us!" Then as he drifts off to sleep, he is nightly visited by the Sandman who sends him into a recurring nightmare of the 7th May 2023 when his beloved Owls meet his nemesis, Derby County who have only lost four of their last 19 visits to Hillsborough. Wednesday need just one point for Walkley to lose his 'virginity' but the nightmare ends with 'The League One Guardiola,' replete in his brand new 'Champions' pom-pom hat, running around Hillsborough holding the First Division trophy aloft, as 30,000 Owls fans drown in a flood of tears.

If his nightmare comes to fruition i-Ram, be kind to him; take him out of Walkley for a week to convalesce with you in Littlehampton for it might be the first time in his life he has spent a week at the seaside.

But if he realises his dream and he is no longer a 'virgin', be gracious for he has suffered too long ???

53 minutes ago, walkleyowl said:

Says the man replying on a forum. Ironic, don't you think.

I think the irony is that you are on here 'watching' more often than me, and I have been following the Rams for some 54 years now.

I quite like banter with away fans, in fact when I go to games I like to root out an away fan and have a quick chat or beer before the game. Similarly it is nice to see an away fan pop up on here a day or two before a match for a bit of banter, and for them to return post match with a bit of good grace whatever the score. then, nothing more to the next game between our two sides.

You though, seem to be a bit of a constant stalker. Harmless perhaps, but getting dangerously close to an obsession. If Derby County were a woman, I think we may be near the stage where the nice love notes and flower deliveries have disappeared to be replaced by odd and random messages of rejection and frustration, and when it is no longer an economic option to hang her panties out on the washing line. Just reign it back a little @walkleyowlits all getting a bit weird. Best of luck for the rest of the season.

download.jpg

Edited by i-Ram

37 minutes ago, Brailsford Ram said:

If his nightmare comes to fruition i-Ram, be kind to him; take him out of Walkley for a week to convalesce with you in Littlehampton for it might be the first time in his life he has spent a week at the seaside.

Maybe Walkley actually has a Littlehampton and there is where his insecurity all starts...  ?

38 minutes ago, rsmini said:

Benjamin Bloom on you tube is very interesting, he loves the EFL and says the promotion run in League one is the best in the 3 leagues. After Saturdays game he is still predicting Derby to win the race for one of the top two spots 

He's great. Really eloquent and a proper enthusiast. Love his passion for the game and he's typically very fair in his appraisals. 

14 hours ago, i-Ram said:

I do feel sorry for you. Surely you must have some friends or family you can communicate with? Try getting out of your bedroom, Walkley seems like a good place to start to getting a life.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walkley

2 hours ago, walkleyowl said:

Says the man replying on a forum. Ironic, don't you think.

To be fair, @i-Ramis amongst... and ergo, communicating with... friends.

*Not all of us, obviously, but some see it that way.  ?

3 hours ago, Albert said:

Man City were favourites to beat Spurs yesterday, most fans would have thought they would probably win. Spurs won.

That’s football.

So much money would have been laid on bet builders with City to win, Haaland to score etc. to increase the odds.

Thats how bookies make money.

Also bookies odds change where money is being laid, they are not fixed in anyway to some percentage chance of winning some nerd with a calculator has come up with.

52 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

He’s a busy little owl as he appears on the forum at Plymouth and probably Ipswich as well.

Bristol Rovers too..."He's here, he's there, he's every duckin' where, Walkley Owl, Walkley Owl....."

8 hours ago, David said:

Man City were favourites to beat Spurs yesterday, most fans would have thought they would probably win. Spurs won.

That’s football.

So much money would have been laid on bet builders with City to win, Haaland to score etc. to increase the odds.

Thats how bookies make money.

Also bookies odds change where money is being laid, they are not fixed in anyway to some percentage chance of winning some nerd with a calculator has come up with.

Man Citeh ? .........dost think they'll beat our points deduction ?

On 05/02/2023 at 21:02, alexxxxx said:

I've got a horrible horrible feeling we will have to beat the wendies on the final day to get promoted 

That wouldn't be horrible for us.

That would be an absolutely unbelievable season from a club that was virtually dead two weeks before the season started.

We'd do them wouldn't we? It would be almost painful to see their hope knowing what was going to happen.....

On 05/02/2023 at 13:23, Sparkle said:

now if your goalkeeper is your best player you have a lot of other weaknesses you should be more worried about. 

He’s wobbled a bit last two games but there’s a good argument Wildsmith has been our best player. Only Didzy could claim to have done better. 
there’s also a good argument your keeper is your most important player