Cheltenham Town (A) Sat 14th Jan

25 minutes ago, sage said:

We need to improve our game management when 2 or more goals up. The last 20 mins were a s**** show today.

Keep the ball. Don't over commit.

There was a real feeling of panic. Players hacking and scuffing at the ball.

Cheltenham, who weren’t in the game at the hour mark, took confidence from their second goal and played with desire.

We couldn’t handle their giant centre half Taylor but a win’s a win.

They will need to be tighter next week.

Great to see having knight back in midfield has brought the best out of hourihane and Birdinhio, his energy and tenacity to there ball playing skills. Knight is a massive player for run in now he's fit. Also what a signing korey Smith experience and versatility and then Louis Sibley on the other flank league 1 and change of position has been the making of him. Keep it going Paul warne and lads ?

Should have been out of sight before they’re second , the response to going 1 down was superb, that said I thought they looked a better side than we’ve faced for a while and they troubled us ,

good win and we stay unbeaten , no disrespect to liam but I honestly don’t think we would be doing as well under him , we have decent skilled players and there is so much to be said for decent players who are trained to be the fittest they can be and coached to have top work rate during games for 90 mins and be in a good club environment 

3 minutes ago, Archied said:

Should have been out of sight before they’re second , the response to going 1 down was superb, that said I thought they looked a better side than we’ve faced for a while and they troubled us ,

good win and we stay unbeaten , no disrespect to liam but I honestly don’t think we would be doing as well under him , we have decent skilled players and there is so much to be said for decent players who are trained to be the fittest they can be and coached to have top work rate during games for 90 mins and be in a good club environment 

Have to agree, improved fitness is playing a big part

We had to fight for the win today. It wasn't pretty but we did what all good teams do, win when you're not 100%. We made a couple silly errors but our general quality at times surpasses 95% of teams in the league, maybe everyone. Had we had Warne frome the start I genuinely thing the table would look a lot different.

We are a solid (minus today's slip up) hard pressing, attacking unit. And we've now addressed the lack of width and over lapping from the full backs. Sibley is a revelation, and smith has now established himself as a really good rb.

Warne will get onto them about the errors today but I am genuinely blown away by the transition over the last few months. 

The future is bright.

???

Rare away trip for me and thoroughly enjoyable - Derby ends noisy and entertaining with a good rapport with the players that came from being so close. 

couple of thoughts - impressed with Corey Smith, always finding space going forward and interesting argument between him and Hourihane that showed the intensity.

Barkhuizen was tremendous, made so many good runs that his teammates didn’t find as he repeatedly came between centre back and full back. 

However, messy and nervy at the end once Cash went off, what happened to Wildsmith to upset the radar on his kicks ?

Bolton is a huge one next week. Big win for them again today, but feels like we have a strong squad that really adds options from the bench. 2 points closer to Ipswich and Plymouth, and some serious injuries for Wednesday. It felt like ‘mission impossible’ to get in the automatics, now it’s improved to ‘tough ask’ 

Edited by California Ram.

Another wonderful 3 points (not pints) away from home.

Enjoying a quiet weekend at home, after last weeks weekender at Bognor Regis for the Rockaway Beach Festival.

When the trains went on strike on the Friday and a simple 1hr 30mins train journey from Gatwick to Bognor turned into a 9 hour bus ride, including 3 buses with a 45 minute break in Portsmouth,with a pub for a pint, that nearly came back to bite me when the young lassie bus driver, driving the local bus on the last leg of our journey (no toilet on the bus) pulled into a bus station with numerous bus stands, and popped into a bus workers office. So I legged it off the bus after crossing my legs for bloody hours, asking the locals, where's the toilet, with the rep!y their isn't one (Great fkn Britain I thought!) so I was faced with 3 options, get back on the bus, try the pub toilets 30 yards across the road, or pee behind the nearest tree, keeping my eye on the bus, knowing the next bus would not arrive fof several hours. Tree it was, felt great, I thought I was covered,zipped up, and saw the bus reversing out the stand. Legged it, banged on the door, girl wouldn't let me back on, stood in front of the bus, yelling my bag is still on the bus, she reckoned I could get her sacked. I screamed which way are you turning at the lights, so I could leg it to the next stop to get back on, the bus moved 10 yards and hit a red light, she still wouldn't let me back on. Bus conductors in the depot, told me to move, she"ll run you over, then she opened the doors of the bus and I got back on and apologised for getting off, what with the train strikes and all. I thought at that moment it's 2023 and a lot of the time we don't even have toilet facilities where they are required in Great Britain, how sad!

But what's even sadder, is when Derby County win away and some fans take the choice of whinging about such, get real.

Sunday Sonic Boom was brilliant!

Up The Rams.

And if I could work this blooming kindle I would delete this Early Doors episode below.......but I can't!

Edited by Inverurie Ram

1 hour ago, taggy180 said:

Great to see having knight back in midfield has brought the best out of hourihane and Birdinhio, his energy and tenacity to there ball playing skills. Knight is a massive player for run in now he's fit. Also what a signing korey Smith experience and versatility and then Louis Sibley on the other flank league 1 and change of position has been the making of him. Keep it going Paul warne and lads ?

Knight did ok today but the team fell apart when he replaced Hourihane at DCM.

38 minutes ago, Archied said:

We will never know Archied but he is doing very well at Hull ?

3 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Foul by Forsyth on the edge of the box. Bird was dropping back to fill the space behind him.

First half? If so, it looked well outside the box and, as you say, he wasn't "last man" anyway. 

Ref ignored allot of very obvious bodychecks, pulls and trips from them as far as I could see. 

A mate watching on TV said Sibley was clearly tripped in the penalty area first half but got up straight away and the ref waved play on. 

Edited by Crewton

Just now, Crewton said:

First half? If so, it looked well outside the box and, as you say, he wasn't "last man" anyway. 

Ref ignored allot of very obvious bodychecks, pulls and trips from them as far as I could see. 

Notably no mention of it from Cheltenham’s manager , players or on their forum ( not that many seem to go on ) so not an obvious potential red ?